Slang for Babying your Uke?

Mim

Reaction score
I have discovered that I am the biggest Uke Baby-er!
I warm up my car for my uke... not really for me (I can take it).
I brought my uke into the gym and put it in the locker, and it really was not that cold or hot today. Just in case.
I am just really particular about both of them, and they are really not particularly fragile ukes.
I know there are others out there that are a lot like me.

That being said... I know there is UAS to cover Uke coveting and obtaining...
But is there any sort of slang for people like me who cottle and baby their ukes?

If not... just for kicks and fun conversation...any fun ideas of what it would be called?

How about "insane"?

No, but really, I'd go with "Sudden Ukulele Cradling Syndrome" (yes, that would be SUCS for short).

How about "insane"?

No, but really, I'd go with "Sudden Ukulele Cradling Syndrome" (yes, that would be SUCS for short).

Haha... I like that one! I think I have been reading too many posts about warps and cracks... I have become ultra-paranoid. Plus I had a situation involving a cross country trip with a Taylor guitar that ended up with a not-cheap Luthier bill for a fix... ugh. I said "never again".

Haha... I like that one! I think I have been reading too many posts about warps and cracks... I have become ultra-paranoid. Plus I had a situation involving a cross country trip with a Taylor guitar that ended up with a not-cheap Luthier bill for a fix... ugh. I said "never again".

I know what you mean about the paranoia. I'm terrified of having my solid-wood instruments (not just my sopranino uke) get destroyed in any way. I kind of want to build a super sterile, super regulated plexiglass dome to put them all in. But that is silly. (R-right?)

How about "insane"?

Heh, I like SUCS.

In the operating room where I work, SUCS is short for succinylcholine, which is a paralyzing agent used during general anesthesia. So, maybe you're paralyzed with fear of your ukulele cracking.

I brought my uke into the gym and put it in the locker, and it really was not that cold or hot today. Just in case.

Yep, I do the same thing every Monday. I have ukulele lessons on Monday nights but I don't go home first so I always put it in a locker rather than leave it in my car. I also take it with me when I go to meet my Mom for breakfast on Mondays. And that is probably nuts since I live in Southern California but I'm taking no chances.

UCD Ukulele Compulsive Disorder?
I like that, I think I'm going to use that. My friends want to stage an "intervention" so that is a good phrase to use with them. :)

haha i like SUCS too.

I dont go as far as to heat up my car for my uke. But sometimes my uke sleeps in the bed with me :)

Warm up the car? You are crazy! All you need to do is knit a little sweater for your uke like I did. A sock also works well as a uke touque.

A sock also works well as a uke touque.

I now have my favorite phrase of the year - "uke touque." Of course, it helps if you say it over and over and louder and louder.

Good thing I work from home...

Uke touque...awesome.

I'm going to put that on a t-shirt with a little cartoon sock. That would be awesome.

I now have my favorite phrase of the year - "uke touque." Of course, it helps if you say it over and over and louder and louder.

Good thing I work from home...
Thank you.
Uke touque...awesome.

I'm going to put that on a t-shirt with a little cartoon sock. That would be awesome.
50% of all proceeds from the use of this phrase should be sent to the "Get Aldrine to UWC fund"
Thank you.

50% of all proceeds from the use of this phrase should be sent to the "Get Aldrine to UWC fund"
Thank you.

I don't want to sell them, I just want one for myself. The rest of you are on your own. :p

That being said... I know there is UAS to cover Uke coveting and obtaining...
But is there any sort of slang for people like me who cottle and baby their ukes?

If not... just for kicks and fun conversation...any fun ideas of what it would be called?

Well... since you started this, I'd say "Mim" is as good as any... as in "Dude, you're totally Miming that uke" or "I love my uke but I don't Mim it to death like you do." :)

Well... since you started this, I'd say "Mim" is as good as any... as in "Dude, you're totally Miming that uke" or "I love my uke but I don't Mim it to death like you do." :)

DING! DING! DING! DING! We have a winner folks. Mim (Miming, to Mim) - to baby and cottle your ukulele beyond reasonableby acceptable levels. Quick someone put it in Urban dictionary.

We did it to deach.

HEY! Wait a second!
What just happened here?

In my defense... my shop is always at 75 degrees and it was like 10 degree wind chill outside... I did not know what it might do to my little-baby-pookum'-bear-sweetie-pie York! I did not want him to get a boo-boo and have to go to the big bad Ukulele doctor. It might make him sad. Though probably nothing would happen... but still... just sayin'...

Top Bottom