PDA

View Full Version : Iamhawaii tv lessons?

Jaboody
05-12-2008, 02:41 PM
older uke lessons taught by aldrine are on that iamhawaii.com, however they dont seem to work on that site. Was wondering why not all of em are posted on UU?

Fred Miu
05-12-2008, 02:43 PM
they were sold to iamhawaii.com, so it is their websites to keep now.

earlier i asked ryan why not buy them back? i cant remember what the answer was, but i think they might get something going on with that.

Ukulele_Junkie
05-12-2008, 04:03 PM
all the videos still work on iamhawaii. The language changer is in a green box on the upper left side of the website and all u need to do is sign up for IAH's services.

rayan
05-12-2008, 06:49 PM
I just talked to my boss today. He said the word is that the new owners of IAH will be doing a site overhaul coming very soon. I would recommend watching those vids when you still can because I honestly don't know how much longer they will be up there.

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-12-2008, 07:30 PM
hmm i got the most out of iamhawaii.com basically :D Although i couldn't ever play loud phrases from the quiet type and those zelda songs.. but i wrote them all down :D

Ukulele_Junkie
05-12-2008, 07:32 PM
new owners of IAH will be doing a site overhaul coming very soon.

wow i'm going to miss that site, got all my intermediate ukulele knowledge from there

hotnanas
05-13-2008, 04:40 AM
IAH is really where I began to learn ukulele. Then after a search for Aldrine on google, I discovered the ultimate UU!

(I downloaded all those videos for my future reference too, and even have them on my zune)

dafamcallsmebj
05-13-2008, 04:51 AM
IAH is really where I began to learn ukulele. Then after a search for Aldrine on google, I discovered the ultimate UU!

(I downloaded all those videos for my future reference too, and even have them on my zune)

how do u download them??

hotnanas
05-13-2008, 05:02 AM
how do u download them??

honestly, I'm not sure how I obtained the program...but through all of my internet use, some site had me install some software...and now everytime I watch a video on the interweb, RealPlayer gives me the option to download it. So I guess it might just be part of the RealPlayer package...but I am not 100% sure.

Terrell
05-13-2008, 07:39 AM
how do u download them??

you can use a program called vdownloader. i use it for all my streaming stuff. it's free so if u google it i'm sure you can find it easily, but basically you just copy the url and paste it in the program. hope this helps man:nana:

JackT
05-13-2008, 08:44 AM
honestly, I'm not sure how I obtained the program...but through all of my internet use, some site had me install some software...and now everytime I watch a video on the interweb, RealPlayer gives me the option to download it. So I guess it might just be part of the RealPlayer package...but I am not 100% sure.

yeah i got it with the new version of realplayer too, if you could uploadload those to some site I'd be mighty greatful :D

hotnanas
05-13-2008, 09:32 AM
would that be ethical? lol. i'll see what I can do.

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-13-2008, 09:43 PM
i wanna try and download these as well. It would be good so i can watch the songs that first taught me how to play ukulele ^^

hotnanas
05-14-2008, 04:25 AM
oh i forgot to do something with these...i'll get them all together.

elemenohpee
05-14-2008, 05:08 AM
i got a bunch of em in flv format, but i don't feel right distributing them.... unless given the go ahead

dafamcallsmebj
05-14-2008, 06:48 AM
you can use a program called vdownloader. i use it for all my streaming stuff. it's free so if u google it i'm sure you can find it easily, but basically you just copy the url and paste it in the program. hope this helps man:nana:

thanks for the help...
i cant really install anything right now...
computers acting funny... but in the near future i will download it!!
thanks again!

phoenix.stu
07-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I was able to watch the very first lesson however, when I tried to view the others it said I needed an acct. I registered and I never received an email to confirm my acct. I tried this a couple of different times. Still didn't work.
Then I found this site. Great stuff here no doubt however, I am still in the learning stages and I would really love to be able to see the original 5 or so vids on there for my knowledge.

Does anyone have all of these vids somewhere?? Aldrine if you are out there, please tell me if it is possible for you to upload those again somewhere else?

Thx.

14twelve
07-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah, I was able to watch the very first lesson however, when I tried to view the others it said I needed an acct. I registered and I never received an email to confirm my acct. I tried this a couple of different times. Still didn't work.
Then I found this site. Great stuff here no doubt however, I am still in the learning stages and I would really love to be able to see the original 5 or so vids on there for my knowledge.

Does anyone have all of these vids somewhere?? Aldrine if you are out there, please tell me if it is possible for you to upload those again somewhere else?

Thx.

I just had a quick look, and the videos are still up there on iamhawaii. I'd suggest trying again to register. Maybe there was a glitch the day you tried? I remember in a previous post Rayan said something about iamhawaii owning the rights to the videos, so they can't upload them onto this site.

If you use Firefox, the downloadhelper plugin will download them as flv files to your computer.

phoenix.stu
07-02-2008, 07:36 AM
shoots. Sounds like a winner to me. I will give it a whirl. Thx. :D

EDIT:

Yup, that was a complete flop. I cannot register. I have tried again several times. Every time I try to make a new account it says that I cannot because my email is already associated with another account. Since I know this is not true... I go to the lost password form and when I enter my email info. I get a friggin 404 error page.
The site is screwed. I just want to see those vids. BLAH

hotnanas
07-02-2008, 08:26 AM
i'll see what I can do to help you out...but you won't get to see the awesome Hana Pa'a commercial!

phoenix.stu
07-02-2008, 08:46 AM
i'll see what I can do to help you out...but you won't get to see the awesome Hana Pa'a commercial!

That would be great. I would appreciate it alot. Hit me up with a pm or back here. Thanks :nana:

hotnanas
07-02-2008, 08:57 AM
i'm trying to figure out how to convert them and put it all on a dvd...i don't have nearly enough webspace to host them all.

EDIT: I've got them converted...just need to figure out the DVD part.

hotnanas
07-02-2008, 12:48 PM
phoenix, PM me your mailing address, i'll send this DVD i made to ya...

this is the first DVD i ever burned! I am so proud of myself, it's like welcome to 2005! Man, it took 30 minutes to burn the dvd and I had to use one of those expensive double layer DVDs.

Anyhow, now I know how to make menus and everything, I plan on getting more in depth with this and adding the IAMHAWAII.COM quick tips and maybe breaking the videos up into chapters just for fun!

here's a snapshot of the menu:
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd45/hotnanas/Uke/VIDEO_TStitle-1ch0frame347.jpg

phoenix.stu
07-02-2008, 02:41 PM
You ARE da man!! :bowdown:

Thanks ever so much. I will shoot you a pm now.

hotnanas
07-03-2008, 04:57 AM
it only seems to work on the computer and not on my TV. The picture was there, and they audio sounded great! But the picture was doing some crazy scrolling thing that would make anyone dizzy. I don't know what I did wrong, but I will definitely send this to ya for your computer usuage.

I will also send a cd with all the videos converted in a smaller format so they will fit on a cd. Either way, you will have the important stuff!

UkeNinja
07-03-2008, 05:38 AM
How OK is it to discuss this in the open on a forum managed by the guys who made the vids but are not the legal owners anymore? [edit: text deleted because it has served its purpose and now defies the point of my question]

hotnanas
07-03-2008, 05:57 AM
i figure its ok to put them on a dvd and also the data on to a disc to send to someone. I am not selling it, I am just helping a brother out, who can't access their site, but is apparently a registered user to their site! It's not like a stolen mp3, since they themselves published the data out on the net.

UkeNinja
07-03-2008, 01:35 PM
i figure its ok to put them on a dvd and also the data on to a disc to send to someone. I am not selling it, I am just helping a brother out, who can't access their site, but is apparently a registered user to their site! It's not like a stolen mp3, since they themselves published the data out on the net.
I agree with the signing up and not being able to access part. But the vids were not meant to be downloadable or to be spread via other methods besides looking at them on the site.
No specific intention of picking on you by the way, but reading the news these days it appears the privacy of the individual user is being breached more and more in order to crack down on any way of creative use of internet sources. Your "helping a brother out" does not necessarily validate you as to be a distributor of their stuff, see what I mean?

Anyway, I agree very much that those vids need to be seen :)

hotnanas
07-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Judge: You have been distributing material that does not belong to you.

Me: But, your Honor, I was helping a brother out.

Judge: Guilty!

Kanaka916
07-04-2008, 02:39 AM
UkeNinja, PM sent . . .

upskydowncloud
07-11-2008, 06:20 AM
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE VIDEOS: (EDIT: this is for research purposes only, simply showing a technique for video retrieval, no responsibility will be accepted for potential copyright breaches that may arise from following these instructions)

Check out Hotnanas' post for the much simpler method, download real player, go to the video you want, press play then click the download button!

Cheers.

deach
07-11-2008, 06:21 AM
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE VIDEOS:

Hey it's quite easy to download the videos. Here are some instructions:

1. go to the page with the video. Pause the video playing (no technical reason for this but the advert at the start gets tiresome after a while).
2. In Internet Explorer go to VIEW then SOURCE.
3. Press and hold control and F to open the search dialogue and type in flv
4. This should find the .flv file which is the video file for the lesson
5. Copy the whole thing into your browser (it will look something like this: http://s3.amazonaws.com/iamhawaii/ukulele/UkuleleLesson2.flv)
6. Hit return and it will ask you if you want to run it or save it, hit save and save it to your desktop or somewhere handy.
7. Next you'll need to download a program called Free FLV Converter (you can get it from www.download.com)
8. Install that program and you can then convert the flv file from the internet into an .avi or .mpeg file so you can watch it on most media players.

This is really handy if you want to learn without an internet connection, or to put it on your ipod or media player.

Hope this helps.

Good tip, not that UU condones this type of behavior but good tip.

upskydowncloud
07-11-2008, 06:23 AM
Thank you! I'm in no way linked with UU and I'm sure they would be opposed to anyone who may think of trying that out.

deach
07-11-2008, 06:28 AM
Thank you! I'm in no way linked with UU and I'm sure they would be opposed to anyone who may think of trying that out.

I understand. It's like saying, this is how you make a mail box bomb, you shouldn't do this, but if you really really really want to know how, for educational purposes of course, this is how to do it.

upskydowncloud
07-11-2008, 07:12 AM
haha yes you're correct!

hotnanas
07-11-2008, 07:12 AM
even easier than all of that...download the the latest real player. Every time a video opens (including the iam ones) a box pops up and asks if you want to download it...that way you don't have to do the entire search step.

upskydowncloud
07-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Good news, I think I'll do that now, I don't have real player installed!

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-11-2008, 07:09 PM
even easier than all of that...download the the latest real player. Every time a video opens (including the iam ones) a box pops up and asks if you want to download it...that way you don't have to do the entire search step.

couldn't understand 1st post, got lost at hit return button :(

so im going with your way. ty

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-11-2008, 07:15 PM
actually... my computer is being pathetic and won't download real player, anybody know what return button is? i thought it was enter.

hotnanas
07-12-2008, 05:47 AM
http://www.cliffordrock.com/real/RealPlayer11GOLD.exe

it was on the realplayer.com website, in yellow you click FREE and it opens this file...anyhow here it is since you weren't able to locate it. i am gonna pull it off my server in a few days....

to install follow:
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd45/hotnanas/Uke/01.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd45/hotnanas/Uke/02.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd45/hotnanas/Uke/03.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd45/hotnanas/Uke/04.jpg
continued...

hotnanas
07-12-2008, 05:48 AM
...continued
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd45/hotnanas/Uke/05.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd45/hotnanas/Uke/06.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd45/hotnanas/Uke/07.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd45/hotnanas/Uke/08.jpg

now everytime you open a video it will give you the option to download (from that box that we made sure was clicked).

upskydowncloud
07-12-2008, 06:45 AM
Far better than my way of doing it, thanks for the tip!

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-12-2008, 08:19 PM
i have always wondered, can the police and that tell if your downloading stuff? for some reason... songs arn't a problem but i don't feel right downloading realplayer, not because i think its a virus etc... because i have downloaded it 3 times and now removed it.

upskydowncloud
07-21-2008, 01:16 AM
Most things you do on the internet can be traced most of the time. There are ways you can minimise the risk like having a good firewall and connecting through a proxy etc. Downloading stuff with realplayer isn't an issue really, no one is going to take you to court for downloading one copy of one video. It's the people that download serious amounts of albums and movies and then sell them on that the police will bother tracking. If it's for your own use no one is going to bother with you.

That's my philosophy anyway...

dinamo
07-21-2008, 07:18 AM
I cannot sign up and I really want to use these videos, can someone let me use their username or send me the saved videos? Thanks so much, this would be super helpful.

upskydowncloud
07-21-2008, 12:25 PM
hey I can put them on DVD or CD if you want? Or work out some way of putting them on a file sharing program so you can download them

acabooe
07-28-2008, 11:10 PM
hmm i got the most out of iamhawaii.com basically :D Although i couldn't ever play loud phrases from the quiet type and those zelda songs.. but i wrote them all down :D

haha The zelda songs were the only ones that I could get ( although I hve to play them slowly:p

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-29-2008, 12:07 AM
haha The zelda songs were the only ones that I could get ( although I hve to play them slowly:p

zelda.. haha :D i like zelda
every song i know, nobody else does so its like a :\ look at me when i play the ukulele.

buddhuu
04-08-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm another latecomer who is not able to sign up to iamhawaii. Emails to their support@ address get bounced too. :confused:

I totally want to see these vids - especially the 'I'm Yours' lesson.

Can anyone help me out somehow, please?

upskydowncloud
04-08-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm another latecomer who is not able to sign up to iamhawaii. Emails to their support@ address get bounced too. :confused:

I totally want to see these vids - especially the 'I'm Yours' lesson.

Can anyone help me out somehow, please?

Hi there, I converted all of the lessons and quick tips and put set them up so anyone can download them. Check out this thread:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?p=79338#post79338

Note to mods: is there any way we can make my thread a sticky? I think it'd help a lot of people out!

buddhuu
04-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Ah, mate! You're a life saver.

Thanks very much indeed. I'll check it out during my lunchbreak. :cheers::music:

(+ing your rep)

upskydowncloud
05-05-2009, 03:19 AM
Ah, mate! You're a life saver.

Thanks very much indeed. I'll check it out during my lunchbreak. :cheers::music:

(+ing your rep)

Thanks! I'm glad you found it useful.

ShortCut
05-05-2009, 03:34 PM
I've been trying to register, but it keeps telling me to use an alphanumeric username... I'm putting in numbers and letters in the username. :S So what can I do to fix it?

cpatch
05-05-2009, 04:28 PM
So what can I do to fix it?
Read the entire thread before you post.

ukulele2544
05-05-2009, 08:42 PM
yes you are right, all do not work. You have to be a member of the I am Hawaii site. And I don't Think Aldrine is going to post the i am hawaii uke lessons on UU.

cpatch
05-05-2009, 09:02 PM
yes you are right, all do not work. You have to be a member of the I am Hawaii site. And I don't Think Aldrine is going to post the i am hawaii uke lessons on UU.
I give up.

upskydowncloud
07-19-2009, 11:36 AM
I give up.

Haha! Please don't!

anaka
07-20-2009, 12:20 AM
You don't need to log in anymore at IamHawaii.com in order to watch the lessons. Yay, problem solved!

upskydowncloud
07-20-2009, 12:41 AM
You don't need to log in anymore at IamHawaii.com in order to watch the lessons. Yay, problem solved!

Good news!