Pick ups

Ron

Reaction score
Well, I'm guessing the answer will be "you get what you pay for" but can I get some advice? Or just point me to the thread where this has been discussed before.
Pick Ups.
I've decided to get a lot better at playing before I spend on my next uke but do want to get a [pick up for my Kala.
My playing partner has a Kala Archtop and I like the sound the Shadow under saddle pickup gives him. I'd like to spend a little less on getting my KA-T amplified to match his sound.

Transducer on the inside of the body? Any good? Which one?

I have played with a stick-on transducer on the outside of the body - didn't really like the sound but it was a crappy little amp I heard it through.

Does anyone make those clip-across-the-soundhole style pick ups that we used to use on our guitars? Any good?

Thanks, Oh Wise Ones

Check this thread on pickups; choices are Under Saddle Transducer or a piezo pickup attached to the underside of the bridge or soundboard. As for the soundhole type, I don't think I've seen one for a uke but I might be wrong.

There are a lot more threads, use this with google search: site:ukuleleunderground.com/forum pickups

I'm pretty sure that those guitar pickups that fit in the sound hole require the use of steel strings; I think they're magnetic....

I'm pretty sure that those guitar pickups that fit in the sound hole require the use of steel strings; I think they're magnetic....

Yes they are.

Top Bottom