Nalu Ukuleles

bouk

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was looking into some videos from winter NAMM this year and spotted a new/newer company Nalu Ukuleles. I will be having some extra cash coming back with my tax returns and may want to purchase a new uke. Has anyone extensively played or possibly own one of these ukes yet? Their website is still in its fledgling stages and there is no prices up yet for their models. YT has very few videos available on these ukes. Furthermore have any dealers contacted them to carry these ukes? I would guess maybe MGM and/or Elderly Music may in the future if they take off, but so far I haven't seen anything. Any opinions or comments are greatly appreciated

Mahalo from Omaha Nebraska,

-Adam

Hi all,

I was looking into some videos from winter NAMM this year and spotted a new/newer company Nalu Ukuleles. I will be having some extra cash coming back with my tax returns and may want to purchase a new uke. Has anyone extensively played or possibly own one of these ukes yet? Their website is still in its fledgling stages and there is no prices up yet for their models. YT has very few videos available on these ukes. Furthermore have any dealers contacted them to carry these ukes? I would guess maybe MGM and/or Elderly Music may in the future if they take off, but so far I haven't seen anything. Any opinions or comments are greatly appreciated

Mahalo from Omaha Nebraska,

-Adam

I am almost certain that they aren't fully out yet. I know that UkeRepublic (www.ukerepublic.com) will be a dealer as soon as they(Nalus) are fully available (around March).

Here's some threads about Nalu as well as some posts from Rick aka wikiboy, one of Nalu's partners. Best bet would be to call and deal with them directly. I've talked to them at the SF Aloha Fest and Napa Uke Fest. I'll let the quotes speak for themselves.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?20196-Nalu-Kai-a-Pele
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?19037-Nalu-Ahua#post212532

Aloha UU’ers! This is Rick, one of the founding partners of NALU UKULELE COMPANY. First of all, thanks for the review by Deach on our entry level ukulele, the Ahua Tenor he recently purchased, which he posted here, as well as a fairly detailed clip he posted on YouTube. Deach was very quick to post a review, as he received the ukulele shortly after he received it in the mail! After reading his review, it sounded very favorable, and we welcome and anticipate receiving some questions regarding the details, as was posted by this person. Thanks Deach!

A little story about NALU if you will, and I would like to start by saying this is NOT a post for “advertising”. Along with my partners, Gary and Mark, we set out to introduce a line of ukulele products well over 2 years ago, so this wasn’t an just idea we introduced to the public overnight. In fact it was not until April 2009 that we debuted our product line at Northern California Ukulele Festival. Being passionate about our objectives, we took the time to assess what was out there, and wanted to develop a product that was set apart from the norm, providing the ukulele enthusiast and community a solid wood instrument, that was easy to play, has great tone and sound and with unique visual appeal. Realizing that there are a wide variety of ukuleles to choose from, along with tone and playability, there are many instruments out there that basically look like they come from the same mold, just with a different brand name. Certainly nothing wrong with that, because there are ukuleles that do play and sound good. At NALU, we wanted our products to be different, starting with visual appeal. We discerned sound and tone from other makers, as well as playability, selected what was already good out there, and how we could make it better on NALU. Seeking the advice of friends involved in design and build, along with accomplished ukulele players, we put our first prototypes to the test by our expert friends. With their valued input, we enhanced some details on our instruments that may not be immediately noticeable. Prior to this step, having interviewed quite a number of manufacturers to build our products was also a very selective process. In the end, we chose a manufacturer that wrote down our every detail and concern, were attentive to our goals our company presented in making our ukuleles, with visual appeal and unique embellishments, while maintaining a very good and rich sound. This selection process although time consuming, is the reason our ukuleles to this point display a high level of quality…we are still improving on it! Since the start of the manufacturing process, I have been involved almost weekly on the finite details of design, quality, and ensuring that even with minute changes, sound and tone would not be compromised. With that said, we at NALU are confident that any instrument in our product line will be of quality that will provide years of playing satisfaction and lasting value. Though we may still be ironing out our warranty details as a new company, we stand behind our instruments and will do our utmost best to provide you with the customer care and attention, should it be needed. We are just a phone call or email message away...

Finally, to the consumer, we at NALU know there are a lot of ukuleles to sift out, try out and compare…so many choices! We certainly don’t expect to satisfy every ukulele enthusiast or player, beginner or advanced with NALU ukes. We do know that the time we have taken to improve and perfect our products for the discerning player, will more than likely make it a tough decision to not consider a NALU in your selection process…and after all, NALU is "The Shape of Things to Strum".

Please visit our web site at www.nalu-ukulele.com and please bear with us, as we are preparing to launch a more enhanced and robust web site in the very near future. You can also email any one of us and we will be more than thrilled to hear from you;
Gary@nalu-ukulele.com
Rick@nalu-ukulele.com
Mark@nalu-ukulele.com

There is growing interest in finding out more about NALU ukuleles. We are excited about that, and we do apologize should it be difficult for anyone to acquire an instrument on demand, as we are already experiencing some new company growing pains. Thank you very much for all that have expressed interest in NALU ukuleles and even those that have already purchased a NALU uke! Please don’t hesitate to email Team NALU, as we would love to hear from you. Best of luck in "your" ukulele search!

Rick aka "wikiboy"

Honu Uke, this is Rick at NALU. I just saw and read your post regarding your comment on the uke you just purchased at our booth at SFAF. You have a problem with buzz? As I mentioned in my post about the NALU story, I want you to know that we will take care of your problem. Again, being a new company, our current warranty is "CALL OR EMAIL" if there is a problem, we will take care of it. If there IS one thing I can't stand myself is a "buzzy" uke! Please call me and let me know your problem, repair of replacement, NALU stands behind their product. I want you to be more than happy with our product WITHOUT the problem. Please give me a call at your convenience. My number is 510.714.7623. Thanks! Rick aka wikiboy

For anyone else that might have purchased our ukuleles, know that we will take care of any issues or problems that occur. Just give us a location that you are in, and we can direct you to the right contact person.

Last edited:
Top Bottom