The next thing I buy will be...

rock_and_roll_camera

Reaction score
A Mainland concert...

...or a banjo uke...

...or if everything goes to plan for Mike it will be both! Cool!

What is everybody planning on splashing the cash on?...

already have my mainland on order (concert gloss mahog, sealed geared tuners/ebony pegs) =D

Also cutting between buying next month:
Ohana CK-50GS

ohana concert.jpg
Ohana CK-75CG

mod_f.jpg
Struggling to decide which one though... gargh!

Lumber to build for myself. I've set up a professional Luthiers shop and I'm going full time. I have 4 Ukes,- 2 spoken for, 2 guitars, 4 basses- 2 spoken for and one 5 string banjo.
I'll post some pictures soon.

Probably strings. I've let some of my ukes go far too long...

But in terms of ukes, I'm having a crisis (..uhh, not in the Top Gear way, for anyone who gets that joke). I want a concert. I want mahogany. I'd like a Koaloha somewhere in my stash because that was my first uke, and I'm sentimental towards the brand. I want a Pohaku. I want a 6 string perhaps. I want a Collings.

So how do I combine all of those? Would a Pohaku be better for me than a Collings? Either or both could be mahogany? Would Peter build a 6 string concert? And where does Koaloha fit in this picture?

Decisions, decisions... but at least I found my perfect tenor, the Kanilea superconcert. I didn't say it was a tenor, I said it was my perfect tenor. :)

I'm saving for a banjo uke to go with the clawhammer I'm working on. This could take a while...:eek:

I'd get the CK-75CG if it were me, in fact I'm also feeling a little UAS right now.. Dang..

For me, most likely a Makala Dolphin. I can't even play my first ukulele yet, I just got it the other day. I chose a concert size Kala Koa based on a good size for an airline carry-on, but now that I have it I hate the thought of it getting damaged. So, I'm thinking of getting a good beater for trips and camping and such. Besides, don't I need something to keep at the office anyway ;)?

I'd like a purple Dolphin eventually. There's a good chance I could get one (if I could find one) for Valentines. Much better chance of that vs the mango...

Top Bottom