Ukes for Troops???

MrsMeyerMusic

Reaction score
Can someone tell me about Ukes for Troops? I know I heard it about it somewhere on here but I didn't get any seach results. My cousin is in Iraq and I would love for him to get a ukulele.

Can someone tell me about Ukes for Troops? I know I heard it about it somewhere on here but I didn't get any seach results. My cousin is in Iraq and I would love for him to get a ukulele.

Lat time I checked it is no longer operational (about two years ago I believe but it could ahve been 6 months ago).

I too don't believe they are in operation.
There is however a cool program for kids in Middle East called "Ukuleles For Peace".
The premis is simple Israeli and Arab kids playing ukulele together.
If everyone played uke we may not have wars and no ones Brother, Sister, Cousin, etc. would have to be in Iraq.
Look it up on the web, get out your wallet and spread some ukulele love.

ukes for troops is no longer active.

That's too bad that it is no more.

I would like to send him a uke on my own. Does anyone know of a uke dealer who would ship to an APO?

hello mrs meyermusic i work at an ukulele shop in oahu and i can fine out from my boss if we ship their i like ur idea and support i was a marine in iraq n i took my ukulele with me and the kids and ppl theri love it

Hi, this is Anita Coyoli-Cullen, co-founder of Ukes for Troops, we were operational from May 2005 until early 2008. During that time we were succesful in sending over 1500 FREE ukuleles to our troops in the war zone. Unfortunately, in November 2007 I became afflicted with Bell's Palsy and so had to cut back on my commitments and closed down Ukes for Troops. I have not forgotten our troops and now I am acting as President of the new chapter of Blue Star Mothers of Orange County, Ca in Los Alamitos. I wish we could have sent your son an ukulele.

That's too bad that it is no more.

I would like to send him a uke on my own. Does anyone know of a uke dealer who would ship to an APO?

Mainland ships APO's all the time

Does anyone know of a uke dealer who would ship to an APO?
You could try Amazon.

APO, FPO, and DPO Addresses

Most items can be shipped to APO, FPO, and DPO addresses, except:

* cell phones and service
* computers
* furniture
* grocery items
* outdoor living items
* Target@Amazon.com items

Additionally, some apparel, baby, camera and photo, electronics, health and personal care, housewares, jewelry, software, sports, and tools and hardware items cannot be shipped to APO, FPO, or DPO addresses. An error message will appear at checkout if you enter an APO, FPO, or DPO address and the item isn't eligible to be shipped to that address. Check the item's product detail page for eligibility.
You might also contact MGM and see if he will ship.

Hi, this is Anita Coyoli-Cullen, co-founder of Ukes for Troops, we were operational from May 2005 until early 2008. During that time we were succesful in sending over 1500 FREE ukuleles to our troops in the war zone. Unfortunately, in November 2007 I became afflicted with Bell's Palsy and so had to cut back on my commitments and closed down Ukes for Troops. I have not forgotten our troops and now I am acting as President of the new chapter of Blue Star Mothers of Orange County, Ca in Los Alamitos. I wish we could have sent your son an ukulele.

I salute your achievements on behalf of our soldiers & pray for your health. What kind of ukulele's were given to the troops? It seems to me like something that we should still be doing. I'd love to be part of any such effort as I have a number of loved ones & friends serving in war zones.

Aloha & God bless!

It would have been nice to get a uke when I was deployed...more things like this should be done for the troops.

Top Bottom