Your favorite Ukulele artist

therimidalv

Reaction score
I'm just starting out on the uke, and I love it, but i really what you're guys' opinions about your favorite ukulele players so i know some good uke music to learn to play to. Currently I'm constantly listening to Israel Kamakawiwoʻole, which i think is incredible but I'd also love to hear what other players i should listen too. :music:

Troy Fernandez (Ka'au Crater Boys) was the reason I started playing the uke. I also listen to a lot of Herb Ohta Jr and of course Jake Shimabukuro. If you haven't heard any of Jake's early stuff from when he was with Pureheart you should check it out...also, they released one cd as Colón which was pretty good too

Herb Ohta Jr. and Daniel Ho are great. As well is Jake Shimabukuro and James Hill. Lyle Ritz is up there too. My number one favorite is probably Herb Ohta-San. You can't beat the master. :worship:

the above mentioned uku players are all terrific, allow me to add a few to the list:

"Heinous" Rynes
Uncle Moe Keale
Brook Adams

I'd like to give a shout out to Uni and her Ukulele. She was awesome live, and the cd is great, and no one here seems to know who she is.

jake as solist and gugug as band:nana:

Troy Fernandez (Ka'au Crater Boys) was the reason I started playing the uke. I also listen to a lot of Herb Ohta Jr and of course Jake Shimabukuro. If you haven't heard any of Jake's early stuff from when he was with Pureheart you should check it out...also, they released one cd as Colón which was pretty good too

rajah dat! Troy Fernandez with Ka`au Crater Boys & his collaboration CD, Jake with Pure Heart and Colon, and Braddah Iz.

the first songs I remember were all Braddah Iz and "Kawika" and "On Fire" by the Ka`au Crater Boys.

She seems to be only a youtube phenom, but I really like sweetafton23. I have no idea what her real name is. She is quirky but really talented.

Ohta-San

Herb Ohta Jr. and Daniel Ho are great. As well is Jake Shimabukuro and James Hill. Lyle Ritz is up there too. My number one favorite is probably Herb Ohta-San. You can't beat the master. :worship:

I knew there was something about you I liked...;) I'm a HUGE fan of Ohta-San!:bowdown: I also recently saw Benny Chong live... If I wasn't already bald, I would be after his concert... I'm still recovering. My wife and I have also seen Jake live. He too is great, it's just the other two play more of the kind of music that I'm into.

My favorite artists to listen to would have to be Bruddah Iz, Jake, Peter Moon, da guyz from Hapa, Ka'au Crater Boys, Malino and Mana'o Company.

But I would say watching Aldine, Rayan, Danyo and Seeso has given me the inspiration to do better and continue learning. (Not sucking up brah... just tellin' it like it is!) LOL :D

Top Bottom