Black Satin finish 24:1 ratio closed gear tuners
Double Rounded cutaway
Radius Fretboard
UV cured gloss finish
Zebrawood/Maple Rosette
Custom D'addario string set
Under-the-saddle+microphone pickup

Just some thoughts-nothing final...just some thoughts =]

Sounds awesome. I have yet to play a brazillian rosewood instrument. Maybe I did at the Taylor Guitars road show, but I don't think so. I would love to see and touch one with my own hands. Not sure how the double cutaway would look. I'm not really a huge fan, but hey, if you like it that's cool. And I think that one of those mixer pickups would be really cool. Do they make one for ukulele?

Sounds awesome. I have yet to play a brazillian rosewood instrument. Maybe I did at the Taylor Guitars road show, but I don't think so. I would love to see and touch one with my own hands. Not sure how the double cutaway would look. I'm not really a huge fan, but hey, if you like it that's cool. And I think that one of those mixer pickups would be really cool. Do they make one for ukulele?

brazilian rosewood is definitely a good tonal wood! lol my friend who is sponsored by kamaka got a spruce top/braz wood side and back tenor and it sounds phenomenal. im not sure how the double cutaway would look either but im guessing like a mini gibson SG or a mini jazz guitar haha. theyve been making mixer pickups for guitar only but you can mod them for uke-the owner of G-string ukuleletold me he installed one in James Hill's uke which is how he can do all that fancy percussive stuff haha

Koa top and rosewood sides and back are an unusual combination. I haven't seen it before in guitars or ukes. It's usually Spruce or Cedar top with Rosewood, maple or Mahogany back and sides.

Koa top and rosewood sides and back are an unusual combination. I haven't seen it before in guitars or ukes. It's usually Spruce or Cedar top with Rosewood, maple or Mahogany back and sides.

It is an unusual combination. I wonder how it could sound. I'm not a rosewood fan at all but I'd still like to hear a uke like that.

Out of curiosity, what does a double cutaway look like on a uke? I've seen them on (acoustic) guitars, but never really went for the look. Do ukes pull them off better?

Hmmm, sounds exotic. I would love to see and hear this! Post up if you get it done.

Top Bottom