I need to stop looking at Ebay

Skitzic

Reaction score
Seriously. I keep looking at spalted mango ukes. Then I found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310196455241&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The uke I nearly bought, but in a concert size. Why do I do this to myself? There is NO. WAY. the fiance will let me get away with buying another one.

Blah. Maybe I'll just keep leaving the ebay page on the screen when I leave the computer, and maybe he'll get the hint that he should buy that for me for valentines day...

...hmmmmm.....

I feel your pain. Every time I look on eBay or the marketplace, I see a "once in a lifetime" fantastic deal that will piss my wife off. Of course, bringing up her purse and shoe collection is off limits:)

Sometimes I want to bring up his instrument collection, but then I look at mine and that idea goes right out the window.

Him: 2 electric guitars, 1 12 string acoustic, 1 low-end amp, 1 good half stack.

Me: 1 electric guitar, 1 12 string, 2 6 string acoustics, 1 uke, 1 keyboard, 1 flute, 2 high end amps, 1 decent stack...

...yeah that wouldn't work for me if I tried.

I'm going to shoot for a genius valentines idea.

Personally, I would stay away from that mango uke. The description says it was a prototype sprayed with a dulling agent to keep glare off the photos taken by Lanikai. No telling what long term damage was done.

That's why I stayed away from the tenor I was looking at. It was sprayed with that same stuff.

My fiance said he would buy me the dolphin if I really wanted it. I'm thinking about taking him up on it.

Edit:
Our conversation.
Me: I think you should buy me the purple uke.
Him: Are you sure you want to buy a crappy ukulele?
Me: Are you sure you want to throw away a chance to write off Valentines day for 40 bucks?
He pulled out his credit card.

Bwahahaha

Last edited:
That's why I stayed away from the tenor I was looking at. It was sprayed with that same stuff.

My fiance said he would buy me the dolphin if I really wanted it. I'm thinking about taking him up on it.

Edit:
Our conversation.
Me: I think you should buy me the purple uke.
Him: Are you sure you want to buy a crappy ukulele?
Me: Are you sure you want to throw away a chance to write off Valentines day for 40 bucks?
He pulled out his credit card.

Bwahahaha

We men are soooooo predictable. BTW, cheap ukes are great for taking to places you wouldn't want to risk damaging a good one. Most ukers I know have a "beater" for that purpose.

We men are soooooo predictable. BTW, cheap ukes are great for taking to places you wouldn't want to risk damaging a good one. Most ukers I know have a "beater" for that purpose.

My thoughts exactly. I can take this with me everywhere and not have to have a heart attack if something should happen.

That, and it's purple...and it has a dolphin bridge...and it's PURPLE. Purple is one of my favorite colors. :D

My thoughts exactly. I can take this with me everywhere and not have to have a heart attack if something should happen.

That, and it's purple...and it has a dolphin bridge...and it's PURPLE. Purple is one of my favorite colors. :D

What color is it? Is it purple? Purple ukes rock because... they're... you know... purple... :nana:

If only they made a purple glitter uke...I would be in heaven.

Take some Elmer's glue, thin it out a bit with some water, and paint some on, take some purple glitter... You get the idea... Maybe not all over, but a glittered binding or dolfin graphics or ???... I'd also put a clear coat of lacquer or something over that so you don't get glitter on you every time you play it. Another great thing about cheap ukes is they can put up with this sort of abuse, I means "personalized touches."

Take some Elmer's glue, thin it out a bit with some water, and paint some on, take some purple glitter... You get the idea... Maybe not all over, but a glittered binding or dolfin graphics or ???... I'd also put a clear coat of lacquer or something over that so you don't get glitter on you every time you play it. Another great thing about cheap ukes is they can put up with this sort of abuse, I means "personalized touches."

That is a really good idea! Maybe not this one, but the next one. A red guitar with purple binding would be awesome. Or the black with purple...that would be even cooler!

Looks great, so cheap at the moment. I will keep watching this one too, proberly too far to freight to Oz.

Oh boy...this one is easy to resist. Way too much right now. My car is paid off later this year...next year my pretty...next year...

http://cgi.ebay.com/LUNA-Flora-Lotus-Deep-Purple-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar_W0QQitemZ360206328883QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item53ddf86433

There's a similar uke model up on eBay now, too (it's, like, a hundred bucks less): http://cgi.ebay.com/LUNA-Floral-Concert-UKULELE-Flame-Maple_W0QQitemZ140380818559QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20af594c7f

Top Bottom