EleUke Concert arrived

AlanZ

Reaction score
I'm pleased to say that my quest for a rosewood concert EleUke has ended well.

I ordered it yesterday from Bernunzio Music in Rochester NY, and they shipped it UPS overnight to me (I didn't want to risk it sitting in a truck during the snow storm getting ready to hit NJ.)

Fit and finish is quite nice. Aquilla strings, geared tuners, etc.

The first thing I did however is to give the nut, fretboard and bridge/saddle a good coat of fretboard oil, it was pretty dry.

I think my family will appreciate my not-quite-silent-but-pretty-quiet practicing using earphones.

Here's a photo of the Martin SO soprano, the EleUke concert, and my Big Muddy mandolin.

Enjoy.

ukemando_a.jpg

You know its time to go home for the day and take a nap when you see a picture of three beautiful Ukes and your first thought is, "Man, that couch looks really comfortable."

Thanks for posting the photo. I hope you love it!

Our couches are known for grabbing people and lulling them to sleep.

Oh, and just to be clear, the lightest colored instrument in the photo is a mandolin, a lovely Big Muddy M0-W.

One more little photo showing the EleUke in its new home. It won't get lonely.

Left to right: EleUke, Martin SO soprano uke, AlanZ OM-1 octave mandolin, Big Muddy mandolin, Martin Backpacker mandolin

instrument_hangers.jpg

I saw that hanging unit at Lowes and thought that would be perfect, but I needed black!

It looksl ike you have one big happy family there :)

Mim, get a box full of black sharpie pens... <vbg>

Two years ago we had no stringed instruments in the house. Now there are 4 mandolins, a few ukes, four guitars, two harps, an autoharp.

I think they're breeding.

Then again, at 3:00am today I was watching YouTube videos about (and considering building) kanteles and theremins... I need to get more sleep!

In case anyone is looking for EleUkes, I just got a call from East Village Music Store in NYC.

When I called them a couple of weeks ago, they said they were expecting a shipment, and they were nice enough to call me when the delivery came in.

Although I managed to find one from another source, if you're looking for rosewood, evmnyc might have what you want in stock.

Hopefully this is a good sign that EleUke will be easier to find.

Hopefully this is a good sign that EleUke will be easier to find.
Hopefully (crosses fingers) by this summer they should be very easy to find. We've been working hard on getting them to the states in enough quantities to meet demand.

i never thought eleukes were cool... until now! that is just awesome.

Just got my eleuke out of the shop for an input jack replacement. I'm using it for full band gigs to eliminate feedback. I've got a multi-effects box that gives me a pretty decent amplified tone. Goes nicely with my Mandobird electric mando, too.

I just bought my new Mainland Mahogany Tenor from Claude of East Village Music - I was there for the Eleuke unboxing last week! He even let me jam out on some of them. I gotta tell you, they are really fantastic instruments.

I was there for the Eleuke unboxing last week! He even let me jam out on some of them. I gotta tell you, they are really fantastic instruments.
They had an "unboxing"? Like an event? That is so rad. I'm glad you liked them.

Thanks for the info. I talked to Claude the other day and bought one of the tenor mahogany Eleukes he just got in. I'd been unlucky finding anyone who had any tenors. I should get it Fedex Friday. Thanks again for the tip.

Top Bottom