Anyone ever heard of this person (repair/builder)?

Sic_Rob

Reaction score
In my search to find someone to repair my almost 100 year old Mandola I found the very nice and honest sounding gentleman to work on my Mandola. I want to find out if anyone has heard of him before i send the instrument to him.

His name is Scott Mcdonald and he is from this web site.

http://www.customguitars.com/

If you know anythign about him please let me know. Thank you in advance.

I'm in NY and have never heard of him, but that means nothing. I saw that Big Joe Vest of Big Joe's Guitarworks in Nashville said on the other site that he would do the repair. I'd take him up on it. He has an excellent reputation after many years working at Gibson.

I have dealt with him. He installed a pickup on a higher end Martin Guitar after I purchased from a guy in Nwe York, and then he was responsible for sending it to me.

He did a good job, no complaints.

Looks like a good choice....he is an authorized repair guy for Martin, Gibson, and Taylor. He puts a lot on the website about historically accurate repairs which I think speaks volumes about his perspective on working with instruments.

Looks like a good choice....he is an authorized repair guy for Martin, Gibson, and Taylor. He puts a lot on the website about historically accurate repairs which I think speaks volumes about his perspective on working with instruments.

I agree about the content of the web speaking volumes. When I spoke with him I felt the same about te content of HIS portion of the conversation. He seems like a great choice. not to take anything away from Big Joe Vest of Big Joe's Guitarworks in Nashville . I'm sure i would do great with either. But Scott is local enough so I could drop it off. Thanks for everyones time/ comments/suggestions.

I hope you will post pictures of it when it is reapaired/restored!

I hope you will post pictures of it when it is reapaired/restored!

If I come up with the spare cash to restore this piece you can count on pictures. Photograpy is my first love, even before ukulele.

one other thing this gentleman Scott told me that I did not know but that I found very intriguing was that the Mandola can be strung and tuned as if it were a baritone Uku. Scott also collects Ukuleles. How can you not trust him. LOL

Last edited:
Top Bottom