Snow, snow, and more snow...

spots

Reaction score
You have to love snowy evenings and weekends.

It's a wonderful time to stay home, relax, spend time with the family, and learn new songs.

And thanks to all this this great technology, as long as the power doesn't go out, you can jam with fellow ukers at the minijams.

It started snowing about an hour ago ere on the north coast of Lake Erie. It coming down in buckets right now. I'll have to bust out the 12 string Uke I built and play Wreck of the Edumund Fitzjerald tonight. Can't wait for spring! Doug

Down here we got hit hard (well, hard for Nashville) last weekend. I didn't have anywhere to go. The Australian Open was on. I had a stack of Netflixen to watch. Plenty of soup and grilled cheese fixin's in the kitchen. It was great!

JJ

What is this thing called snow you speak of ?
It is raining however here in Southern Cal.

I have a laptop and a data card (yay for work!). Even if the power goes out I'm go for launch.

I heard on the radio a bit ago that the DC area was going to be hit pretty hard this weekend. All you East Coasters stay warm and drive carefully..

I am in the Tidewater area of Virginia, about 3 hours South of D.C. We started with snow and it's changed to rain.
BUT.......it's going down to 18 degrees tonight !! We're going to be one BIG icecicle in the morning.
They are calling for snow again Saturday on top of the ice.

Did anyone order 20-30 inches of snow?

I think I got your order by mistake. Seriously they are calling for up to 2 inches an hour tonight. This is madness. Someone please STOP THE MADNESS!!!!

Guess I will spending some time my ukes inside and some time with the shovel this weekend. I do like the snow, but this is a little much. I don't even have a sled. :(

5 inches here since 2:45 and now huge wind gusts. Looks like I will get to miss my meeting in the morning. Hum? what to do? Guess I'll have to play music all day. Darn!

As of the time I'm writing this, we haven't been hit with the blizzard yet -- it's just a bunch of flurries right now -- but it's a-comin'. I can feel it in my bones. We're supposed to get 3-6 inches tomorrow (pssh, lame).

I really dig this weather, but sometimes it can be super inconvenient. I gots things to do this weekend!

Still waiting for it to start here. We're right on the line, so some stations are screaming blizzard, others 4-6...so we'll see. I have coffee, vodka, and my uke...I'm good to go. Talk about feeling it in your bones though, I couldn't sleep last night because the pressure change was kiling my knees and hips. I just couldn't get comfortable.

I really feel for you folks down south of me here in Canada "s east coast.We normally would be getting all that snow here.My only worry right now is am I going to be able to catch my flight Sunday morning in Newark NJ.I hope all theseflight cancellations don't mess up my itinerary on my way to waikiki.

I really feel for you folks down south of me here in Canada "s east coast.We normally would be getting all that snow here.My only worry right now is am I going to be able to catch my flight Sunday morning in Newark NJ.I hope all theseflight cancellations don't mess up my itinerary on my way to waikiki.

Ouch. I'll cross my fingers for you!

12:30 AM here and we have 9-10 inches. Started sticking around 5 PM, so between an inch to an inch and a half an hour.

Saturday is a good day to uke away.

Pictures, please. And stay warm and safe.

All the snow in the universe has managed to collect in Helsinki. Huge snow drifts taller than I am, a foot of sandy salty snow on many roads, 2 feet on our balcony. In a city that's pretty darn good at snow management and removal, it's so bad that they're considering calling in the army to help.

And during all this, they're starting the water pipe and bathroom renevations in the building, which means we've got to start moving out of here and get ready to live in a rental flat for 9 months. So yeah, you can keep your snow. ;)

Just got in from snow throwing, looks like 16 inches or so but we have a lot of drifting around the house. Probable 4 feet high. It really taxed the big snow thrower and I had to throw in second gear. I even stalled it at one of the older folks I help out here on the street.
Glad we aren't in the DC area I heard from a friend they have around 20 and its still coming down.

Yeah so far it has been snowing for about 26 hours and is not supposed to stop until tonight. I would guess there is at least 2 feet out there right now.

It's stopped snowing here, just drifting at this point. It looks like we got about a foot, it's hard to tell though because it's drifting so bad.

Top Bottom