PDA

View Full Version : April Contest Showdown #4 - Degracia vs. Ame!!

anaka
05-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Last SHOWDOWN of the Quarter Finals! Pick and Click:

Degracia - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvflBNPpB5c

Ame - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDR29m3RJcM

Tomorrow we start the Semi-Finals, so come back and vote for the best of the best!!

degracia
05-12-2008, 05:30 PM
:( I'm scared. Good luck Ame!

Ukulele_Junkie
05-12-2008, 05:35 PM
yeah good luck guys this has got to be a close one too

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-12-2008, 06:00 PM
yeah when i first saw both these videos i liked them both a lot haha :D :D Gl 2 both of you

NoLine
05-12-2008, 06:03 PM
both videos representing San Francisco
this is a tough choice
i liked degracia's sky view and ame has nice editing skills
good luck to both

russ_buss
05-12-2008, 06:14 PM
good luck to both of you. go yay area!

clevacheva
05-12-2008, 06:27 PM
DANG good job for BOTH of you guys!

Ame
05-12-2008, 06:30 PM
:( I'm scared. Good luck Ame!

Thanks Ibarr, you too! :)

alden
05-12-2008, 07:18 PM
arrgh - how do you choose? can i each give you .5? :confused:

Ame
05-12-2008, 07:34 PM
arrgh - how do you choose? can i each give you .5? :confused:

Yea, I'll take .5. haha no worries. half a point is better than no points. :D

but no really, it is hard. AND we did somewhat of the same area. haha xP

UUadmin
05-12-2008, 07:36 PM
I am watching the voting on this. Getting people to register just to vote in this poll is discouraged. We want real ukulele players, not just accounts that will go inactive when this contest is done. One of these contestants has 10 suspicious votes. If its abused UUadmin will DQ. That is all.

UUadmin
05-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Last Warning. 1 more vote from either of those 2 locations and I am calling this match.

Ame
05-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Last Warning. 1 more vote from either of those 2 locations and I am calling this match.

Just to put this out there because it could come into the factor of voting. It wasn't meant to cheat or anything, it was just to inform people about the contest. I put this in my video description:

"You can also sign up at the UU forums to cast your vote here!: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2515

and say that "Ame" referred you. :) and check out the rest of entries @: http://ukuleleunderground.com/april-contest-entries/"

So you know if someone followed my instructions and did join they would say I referred them haha

though I didn't specifically say to vote for me or anything.. but I forgot to put 'your vote here! AND if you are interested in learning more about the ukulele or possibly want to learn it! :)'

which I did put on my bulletin on myspace about the contest. haha

sorry if this is against the rules. I planned to change the description on YT but it's undergoing maintenance. :(

oh and I also have refrained from voting for myself because I find that cheating or I see it as giving yourself a leg up.. just IMO though haha

UUadmin
05-12-2008, 08:23 PM
UUadmin seems to have scared away everyone.... the bogusness seems to have calmed down. keep voting everyone.

Just remember UUadmin is watching.

Ukulele_Junkie
05-12-2008, 08:25 PM
At my torrent download place when we had PPV's coming out they disabled joins for a good few days to prevent "hit n runners" which is pretty much u download what u want but then u dont help seed the torrent for other downloaders. Should be the same thing with the poll contests.

Ame
05-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Just a suggestion, maybe restart this poll? but that might be asking too much. :\

I dont know. I'm really concerned about the voting on this one.. :(

zyda28
05-12-2008, 08:31 PM
ohhh man who too choose this one is tough because both are basically repping the bay and i live in the hay...so iono degracia might get my vote for this just because of that lol. but both videos are good though man imma have to take my time on this one and really think it over....good luck to both of you.

ELEVATED THOUGHT
05-12-2008, 08:33 PM
i like both vids. since they both feature the bay!

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Just a suggestion, maybe restart this poll? but that might be asking too much. :\

i think maybe thats asking to much, besides its 17 each.. so, i guess its basically started over again ^^

what happened? did somebody make accounts to make the poll go up?? :s

Ame
05-12-2008, 09:43 PM
i think maybe thats asking to much, besides its 17 each.. so, i guess its basically started over again ^^

what happened? did somebody make accounts to make the poll go up?? :s

haha yea it's pretty much reset now that it's even. xP

Kaneohe til the end
05-12-2008, 09:55 PM
scratch the tie. liked both vids, but the arial shot at 00:21 was the tie breaker for me.

Ame
05-12-2008, 09:57 PM
scratch the tie. liked both vids, but the arial shot at 00:21 was the tie breaker for me.

rawr, not to call him out or anything, but he had hookups with the news people. haha lucky. It's a sweet shot, no lie. x]

I'm down to rent a helicopter one day to get awesome shots like that for other film projects though. haha Looks fun.

rayan
05-12-2008, 09:59 PM

We probably will discount the bogus votes if they affect the outcome.

Ame
05-12-2008, 10:01 PM
We probably will discount the bogus votes if they affect the outcome.

Oh alright, good looking out Rayan. :) I don't want this contest to cause issues on the forums.. because in things like these, it can really show the ugly side of people sometimes. :\

Kaneohe til the end
05-12-2008, 10:04 PM
oh nvm tied again

degracia
05-13-2008, 03:44 AM
Ok, to clear things up, looks like I was the 'suspect' of this IP situation. Which is totally bogus and impossible because I didn't what so ever tell anyone to join or vote for me.

Polls went up at 8:30 pm, and I went to bed 2 hrs later and jsut woke up about now. I would never take the risk of even cheating nor would I ever have thought about it. Why would I cheat? If you guys recall, one of the early pages of the contest thread I stated "I'd give this uke away, since deach has offered to give me his." :cool:

Let's keep this fair and clear now... :nana:

deach
05-13-2008, 03:50 AM
****hijack ****

IP question -

If several people login from the same university or coffee house or even the same service provider, depending on how the network is set up, won't they have identical IP addresses?

IamRobbyah
05-13-2008, 03:53 AM
Man, I woke up early this morn to study, but my teach neva put up my test online... crap!

next best thing: UU!!!

got in my last min vote! good luck to u both an hope the "bogus" doesnt affect anything.

way to rep the yay! hope to see u both at the jam session!!

Ame
05-13-2008, 04:29 AM
Ok, to clear things up, looks like I was the 'suspect' of this IP situation. Which is totally bogus and impossible because I didn't what so ever tell anyone to join or vote for me.

Polls went up at 8:30 pm, and I went to bed 2 hrs later and jsut woke up about now. I would never take the risk of even cheating nor would I ever have thought about it. Why would I cheat? If you guys recall, one of the early pages of the contest thread I stated "I'd give this uke away, since deach has offered to give me his." :cool:

Yea, I love UU because I haven't seen or had any issues here before and I didn't think something like this would happen ("suspicious activities"). You are an active and awesome person on UU, so there really isn't a reason to suspect you. :) Don't worry about it, maybe there's some jerk out there that wants to ruin what we have here at UU, and wanted us to turn against each other. haha I don't know. Just a theory. Good luck again Degracia (and of course to everyone else) and I hope this mess doesn't start up again later in the contest. :\

Ukulele_Junkie
05-13-2008, 04:44 AM
****hijack ****

IP question -

If several people login from the same university or coffee house or even the same service provider, depending on how the network is set up, won't they have identical IP addresses?

yeah that seems true. But I think schools have a few different IP addresses for different buildings.

Just a theory.\

haha u make a lot of theories.

Ame
05-13-2008, 06:55 AM
haha u make a lot of theories.

haha why yes, yes i do. xP

rayan
05-13-2008, 08:04 AM

Thats good to hear.

pakiboy949
05-13-2008, 09:26 AM
i'm hungry D:

NotoriousMOK
05-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Just remember UUadmin is watching.

. . . love that avatar :cool:

Ame
05-13-2008, 02:03 PM
. . . love that avatar :cool:

I love your avatar haha spam. xP

degracia
05-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Well, looks like its done from here :p

I had a great time making the vid and very very happy I made it this far. I already told Ame, if we went head-to-head she'd beat me by a mile. Everyone had such wonderful videos and I'm honored to even be in the elite 8.

Good luck to the rest! The UU community is def one for the books. Such a great society you guys have put together.

Well played Ame, who would've even thought I had a chance vs. a producer/director ;) :)

Ame
05-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Well, looks like its done from here :p

Well played Ame, who would've even thought I had a chance vs. a producer/director ;) :)

Aw, it's like your throwing the towel in.. :\

"Think I'll throw the towel in right now, but fold it nice and neat."

one of my favorite sayings, and what you are doing is what it reminds me of ><;; You shouldn't just give up, you always have a chance until till the very end. At Least that's how I am with things.

and I wouldn't say i'm a producer/ director just yet. haha I'm just a student that happened to have had some video production class in HS and was fortunate enough to be able to use some of that skill. xP haha and I am quite glad to be in the elite 8 and honored to have gone up against a fellow Bay kid. hehe

degracia
05-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Well, lol I'm bummed out since I'm getting blown out and still accused of cheating. Sorta threw off many voters and it had me concerned the whole day. You deserved it though. I just hope the uke goes to a wonderful home and I'm sure it will.

Good luck to all.

seeso
05-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Perhaps Rayan can set the record straight? I'm sure you're innocent, degracia.

bluesuke
05-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Great job both of you
:D

Aldrine Guerrero
05-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Ok imma set the record straight here.

We don't want to believe that anyone would cheat. I think that anyone would call it suspicious if all of a sudden 10 new accounts from the same IP within the same hour was created. Thus we posted that we were watching this contest... and we are. We're here to keep it clean and make sure that this contest goes smooth.

We're not pointing fingers at anyone. We just had a suspicion and acted on it. As far as we're concerned, we don't believe that any of you two cheated, but it was highly suspicious that somebody did.

We love this community and its members. We feel like we're all part of a family. If there was any sort of "funny business," just imagine how the other party feels and how the whole community would feel.

We solved the problem by not counting the votes in question.

The voting will close soon so let's see this to the end okay?

Peace, love, and ukulele folks.

degracia
05-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks for clearing it up Aldrine. That was actually my main concern when I found out this morning, and since I couldn't check on a basis the whole day in school, I had that on my mind. I'm not complaining or anything, I just wanted one of the staff members to actually clear-up the situation :D

Ukulele_Junkie
05-13-2008, 05:41 PM
so 28-45 at 8:43pm PST Ame takes it to the next round

rayan
05-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks for clearing it up Aldrine. That was actually my main concern when I found out this morning, and since I couldn't check on a basis the whole day in school, I had that on my mind. I'm not complaining or anything, I just wanted one of the staff members to actually clear-up the situation :D

Hey Ibarr, sorry you got caught up in all that stuff. I'm sure you didn't have anything to do with those votes but we needed to do something to stop them. It happened in a previous match up as well. We've decided that if we see it again, we will just silently not count votes that we feel are bogus.

degracia
05-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Hey Ibarr, sorry you got caught up in all that stuff. I'm sure you didn't have anything to do with those votes but we needed to do something to stop them. It happened in a previous match up as well. We've decided that if we see it again, we will just silently not count votes that we feel are bogus.

Yo thanks. It's cool though. I still got much love for UU :rock:

ELEVATED THOUGHT
05-13-2008, 06:33 PM
congrats Ame

Daniel Davis
05-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Great videos to both. Man, I wish this contest would've taken place in June-I'm going to Disney World! :music: