Got my Ohana CK-25

thadjanus

Reaction score
Drove and hour down to a music store that carries them. I took my 3yr old daugheter with me and we had a deal not to touch anything unless she asks, of course this immediately went out the window the second we walked in. I actually saw her trying to strap on an 8string electric bass when we were leaving. It made trying it out in the store a little bit harder. But, after a few strums up and down the neck I knew it was the right one for me. Great tone mellow but well ballanced and the neck shape and size is really comfortable intonations are pretty solid has Aquila string which need to settle a bit. I was playing an old Martin style 1 concert , which was a loaner, and I liked the simple working man look of those and the Ohana reminds me of it in that regard. The Martin sounds a litte more forceful but the balance and the smoothness of the Ohana make it a pleasure to play..I couldn't be happier, I researched for quite some time and these kept popping up. Thanks to all in this forum for the wealth of information..it really helped me out.
Janus

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new ukulele!

Of course there is a strict rule here- Without pictures...it never happened.

Congratulations thadjonus. Although I have only played the sk-25's striped sister, and a Martin SO, I totally agree with your assessment of the simplest Ohana reminding me of the Martins in both tone and looks. Can't wait to see your pics and maybe a video or sound sample.

Top Bottom