Happy Together - The Obsessive and Creepy version

boundless

Reaction score

Ok, I went for the "creep factor" on this one!

I'd done several takes doing it fairly straight, and then thought to go the "obsessive" route with the lyrics...and doing shots that were just a bit left of center - literally at times. :)

While I did a brief multitrack test with Summer Samba before, this is much more of a real go at it.

I hope it doesn't give you bad dreams.

"Happy Together" was composed by Alan Gordon and Garry Bonner.

Great job! Re the obsessive lyrics - it's funny, sometimes I don't realize how creepy or weird or negative the lyrics of a song really are until I sit down and learn to play it. Last night I learned the Credence Clearwater 3-chord wonder "Bad Moon Rising." I've always liked that peppy little tune, but never really picked up on just how much it is fixated on doom-and-gloom!

I love that Turtles song, and sometimes like to combine it into a medley with Del Shannon's "Runaway" - the chords on the verses are very similar.

Another great video - thanks for posting!

Remembering that song when it first came out, I always thought of it as a cutsy little love song. Your version conjures up visions of stalkers and serial killers. Nicely done!

I love this song, and I love this cover!

Wow, Thanks!

Thanks to all for the nice comments! I really appreciate that you took the time to listen and respond! :)

Bob

I've locked my front door and notified the police.
Good job

Top Bottom