Po'okela the PS is worth it...

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I hadn't started this thread because even I was weary of my Pineapple Sunday fetish the past month, as a lot of you know, I bought four different Pineapple Sundays in the last four weeks. The first, I returned to my music store as it was not the color I wanted and I had a major love for the old style top and bridge. The second, I bought from UU member Ronnie Aloha, it is a factory second, and I bought it because I had convinced myself I would never be able to find the old style ones on eBay or anywhere else. The third I bought off eBay but decided it was also more orange than I wanted, and the fourth was when UU member Tigeralum2001 and I traded ukes. I have had his old PS (that I think he owned for about a week before deciding he was really more into the old style pointy bridge on mine) for a few days now, and I really do finally feel content and happy that this is the PS for me.

I know, I know...I said those words before. But I feel it deep in my heart, that my search is over. I love the golden brown color of the koa, the shiny brilliance of the abalone fret dots, the deep grooves of the embossed top...the only thing that is taking getting used to is how to tie those strings properly so I can make the knots at the bottom less obtrusive.

Mind you, like I posted elsewhere, each of those PS ukuleles are works of art, beautiful in tone and in design. They just were not the one for me. Sort of like how someone might be able to aesthetically appreciate Heidi Klum, Jennifer Garner and Jessica Alba (or George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise), but have a definite preference for one over the other as the one that appeals the most to them. Or if you don't like the celebrity comparison, how you can love Oahu, Kauai and Maui but still have a favorite among those beautiful islands as one speaks to you more than the others.

Every Pineapple Sunday (as a recent thread shows) is unique, like a snowflake. No two are alike. Each has a beauty unto itself. I just (after way too much searching and money) finally found the Heidi Klum/George Clooney Pineapple Sunday for me. Hopefully Tigeralum2001 is just as happy with his Tom Cruise/Jessica Alba Pineapple Sunday. :)

So now what to do with the other Pineapple Sunday still in my possession? It is up for sale here: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...le-Sunday-for-sale&highlight=pineapple+sunday until I put it on eBay this week. I'm hoping someone gives her a good home (and sooner rather than later as the American Express bill is due way too soon for my comfort)!

So since it was such a long protracted search, I decided to name her Po'okela, or loosely translated from Hawaiian as "Best of the Best." She is definitely the best Pineapple Sunday for me, and as of right now, she is also definitely the best of my three high end ukuleles -- but don't tell the Kamaka or Kanile'a that! I said that after four I was done buying these, and I was going to settle down and commit to owning one of them. I am just so happy that it worked out so well. Turns out the fourth, not the third time, was the charm. Thanks Tigeralum2001! I am really glad she is worth it because I am definitely stressing over that AmEx bill...

Here is my current favorite photo of Po'okela (also visible in my signature):
mypineapple.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad that your Pineapple Sunday saga has finally come to a satisfying conclusion! Po'okela is a beauty! Love the swirls in the koa, and that bridge is just as cool as the pointy one.

Would love to buy your other one if I had the funds. I know you probably need the money more so than a trade. ;)

Congrats, that one IMO is the best looking of the bunch.
...did you take a big hit swapping them?

Hmm...what if I decide to sell mine???

352416825.jpg

J/K!!!!!!:D

Oh sure, you would like for us to believe that you Pineapple Sunday UAS is cured. LOL

Top Bottom