PDA

View Full Version : Pet peeves?

StereoJoker
02-06-2010, 09:48 AM
One of my favorite pastimes (apparently) is going on tirades about Things That Bother Me, and these often waste a good three hours of the day if no one stops me. The other night, I started to complain about the peculiar subspecies of human known as the Tardus pedes, or more colloquially, the "Slow Walker". (You know the type, the ones who stroll at 0.5 MPH in the dead middle of the cereal aisle and severely hamper your quest to grab the last box of Frosted Cocoa Swirl Sugary Puffed Corn Flakes, or the ones who swagger along the sidewalk with such an annoyingly deliberate pace, you wind up missing the bus.) Anyway, a friend of mine cut me short and told me that everything bothers me (and that I should just shut up and watch the dang movie), and so I decided to make a mental list of all the things that drive me crazy. It turns out there are an awful lot.

So out of curiosity, what are your pet peeves?*

My abbreviated, abbreviated list is something like this:

Awful grammar
(Specifically: using "your" for "you're" or "it's" for "its" or using possessive forms for plurals, e.g., "lemon's")
Saying "like" about a million times in every sentence
The rough feeling of sandpaper or emery boards
People who insist on yelling into their cellular phones
"RAS syndrome" (Redundant Acronym Syndrome syndrome)
(E.g., "ATM machine", "PIN number", "HIV virus")
Disorganization/messes
Nauseating public displays of affection
Having to dry off with a damp towel

*(Obvious ones like "jerks" and "nails scratching chalkboards" and "cockroaches on the ceiling" don't count because I don't know anyone who likes any of those things.)

Melissa82
02-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Drivers who don't use their turn signal... and I don't even drive, lol.

KamakOzzie
02-06-2010, 01:30 PM
People who don't erase the previous names when they forward e-mails.

Ukeffect
02-06-2010, 02:18 PM
OR...talk on the FRICKIN' cellphone when they need to be driving...don't even get me started on multi-tasker drivers...you know...eating, smoking, doing their nails, beating their kids and driving...AT the SAME time! AAAAAAARGGGGGGGHHHH!

itsme
02-06-2010, 04:04 PM
People who don't erase the previous names when they forward e-mails.
Especially those with what I call "forwarditis" who feel compelled to forward every cutesy email junk they get to everyone in their email directory.

Oh, and parents who allow their rugrats to misbehave in public because they're "just a child." I don't want your kid grabbing my hair from the booth behind me in the coffee shop or kicking the back of my seat in an airplane, and I don't want to listen to your kid screaming or crying in the supermarket because you won't buy him/her a candy bar. If I'd done anything like that as a kid I would have been smacked senseless. Nowadays they call that child abuse so kids get away with murder.

KamakOzzie
02-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Especially those with what I call "forwarditis" who feel compelled to forward every cutesy email junk they get to everyone in their email directory.

Oh, and parents who allow their rugrats to misbehave in public because they're "just a child." I don't want your kid grabbing my hair from the booth behind me in the coffee shop or kicking the back of my seat in an airplane, and I don't want to listen to your kid screaming or crying in the supermarket because you won't buy him/her a candy bar. If I'd done anything like that as a kid I would have been smacked senseless. Nowadays they call that child abuse so kids get away with murder.

Aw, Itsmee, tell us how you REALLY feel !

austin1
02-06-2010, 04:42 PM
--adults who forward chain emails...those stopped being funny when I was twelve or so
--wet plastic. is that weird? it really freaks me out

grubblybubbly
02-06-2010, 07:45 PM
chain mail sucks...

AcousticMonster
02-07-2010, 06:28 AM
1. Negative YouTube posters/trolls with no videos of there own
2. Forum posters that type out huge walls of text, with little or no punctuation
3. Dudes that go everywhere without a shirt on (you know who you are)
4. Friends and relatives who send truckloads of spam mail rather than typing something from the heart
5. Girls pouting that all men should be like Edward Collins

Just a few of mine. :)

Ukulele JJ
02-07-2010, 06:41 AM
People who toss cigarette butts out their car windows.

JJ

Ahnko Honu
02-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Driving rated:
Talk on cell phones
don't signal
go SLOW in left passing lane
Do do the speed limit (fast or slow)

Outdoors:
Poachers
litterbugs
Those who take more than they need even if legal

General:
Cigarette smokers
Gluttons
Drunkards
Cheaters
Mean People
Racists
Ungrateful
Arse-Kissers

I can add more but i'll stop here for now. 8)

Hobgoblin Steve
02-07-2010, 07:06 AM
when people dont answer their phones. or texts. or return calls.

Big_e
02-07-2010, 07:18 AM
I hate people who talk in the movie theatre! Grrrr!

I hate my neighbor when he plays his loud music early in the day. Actually I love my neighbor (or at least covet his wife) and I love mexican music but I hate it loud when I'm trying to sleep in. Grrr!

I like to wear a hat when going around town and have quit a collection. I hate buttheads who make wise remarks about what I wear. If I catch them fixing to open their yaps, I look hard at their clown pants (or any clownish article of clothing they have on) and they soon realize that they don't want to go there. Hmf!
Ernest

wickedwahine11
02-07-2010, 07:42 AM
People who call the wrong number and when I say hello, they are just silent on the other end. My mother always taught me to say, "I'm sorry I have the wrong number." Is it really that hard? I can't tell you how often I'm tempted to call them right back when their number shows up on my caller ID and lecture them. That really ticks me off!!!!!

People who push the elevator button after I did, and it is clearly lit up. It is bad enough to push a walk button at a sidewalk but I will grant you, that doesn't light up, so maybe you think I'm a moron just standing there without pressing it. The elevator button though clearly shows it is lit.

People who are so distracted on their cell phone that they almost drift into my lane.

My mom trying to make a left turn (sorry Mom I love you dearly but you give ammunition to people who believe Asian women can't drive). She won't go if anyone is within a half mile of her. You could balance your checkbook waiting on her to make a left turn.

austin1
02-07-2010, 08:00 AM

JJ

every time the person in front of me does that, I have a moment of fear where I think the cigarette will fly under my car and somehow cause my car to explode. I realize this makes no sense whatsoever, but neither does an overweight man with elves and magical tundra mammals, but we all believed in him for the first eight years of our lives.

Ahnko Honu
02-07-2010, 08:02 AM
People who push the elevator button after I did, and it is clearly lit up. It is bad enough to push a walk button at a sidewalk but I will grant you, that doesn't light up, so maybe you think I'm a moron just standing there without pressing it. The elevator button though clearly shows it is lit.

Note to self: Never push wickedwahine's button.

KamakOzzie
02-07-2010, 08:56 AM

JJ

Someone did this next to my wife at a stop light. It came in the van window and burned a hole in the passenger seat !!

itsme
02-07-2010, 09:23 AM
People who call the wrong number and when I say hello, they are just silent on the other end. My mother always taught me to say, "I'm sorry I have the wrong number." Is it really that hard?
Or when you say hello and they immediately ask "Who's this?" without identifying who they are. I always respond with "Who were you calling?" :rolleyes:

pdxuke
02-07-2010, 09:52 AM
I have a similar list, only I call it MY LIST OF THINGS TO DO WITHOUT. Amazingly, almost everything mentioned so far is on my list. Added to my LOTTDW, not mentioned are:

Internet Trolls
Clerks at stores who have not been trained to COUNT out change they hand you, nor too say "Thank you."

The list goes on and on...

khrome
02-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Mine is very simple - people that don't treat others like they, themselves, would like to be treated.

StereoJoker
02-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Someone did this next to my wife at a stop light. It came in the van window and burned a hole in the passenger seat !!

Whoa! Now that's just ridiculously inconsiderate.

I got hit with a cigarette butt when I was walking my dog a couple years ago. A gust of wind carried it further back behind the car and wound up singeing my jacket.

(..."singeing" is a weird word to look at.)

thisnthat
02-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Dog poo. I mean seriously who doesn't hate dog poo but it's getting worse around here in recent months.
It's hard enough as it is pushing a pram while having to watch my toddler like a hawk in case she decides to make a bid for freedom, without having to herd her like a sheep around the various deposits between our house and the shops.

She got a pram for her dolly recently and she's asked a few times if we can take her to the park, which sounds like a lovely idea but I don't fancy cleaning up the mess afterwards.
It's sad but I've found myself not going out so much for simple walks because it's too bl**dy stressful.

It's a pretty simple equation. Dog ownership=having to pick up after them. Yes it's gross but so is changing nappies and I don't fling them out the front door so everyone can walk in it. :mad: You just get on with it.

So yes, people who don't consider how their actions affect others. That can be pretty darn annoying. *shakes fist* :p

AcousticMonster
02-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Dog poo. I mean seriously who doesn't hate dog poo but it's getting worse around here in recent months.

It's a pretty simple equation. Dog ownership=having to pick up after them. Yes it's gross but so is changing nappies and I don't fling them out the front door so everyone can walk in it. :mad: You just get on with it.

I aprove of this message!

I have a dog, and every apartment I've lived in so far has neighbors who don't pick up after their dog. It sucks for the responsible dog owners, such as myself who pickup, but have to worry about people thinking I'm the culprit. I have to go way out of my way sometimes to make sure everyone knows I pick up (carry around hands full of bags, etc). lol, it gets kinda paranoid sometimes. Who's watching me. :(

TreF
02-07-2010, 05:59 PM
- Chalk, because it grosses me out really really bad. I literally want to throw up when i touch it.

- Redundant words/sentances. ie Fed Ex Express (federal express express?)

- People who will believe something is true based off of stupid evidence. Forwarded emails, heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend etc.

thats all i can think of right now lol

Uke Republic
02-07-2010, 07:33 PM
People who clip their toenails at restaurants.

Uke Republic
02-07-2010, 07:37 PM
People who just write so they can say I now have 400 post like I'm doing at this moment. Hoooooooooooray por moi!

GreatGazukes
02-08-2010, 12:32 AM
People who do "reply with quote" posts and neglect to edit out the superfluous sentences, pictures or youtube imbedments

There, I've said it and I feel better. lol

Melissa82
02-08-2010, 03:21 AM
People who do "reply with quote" posts and neglect to edit out the superfluous sentences, pictures or youtube imbedments

There, I've said it and I feel better. lolI agree but I'm sure I'm guilty of it at one time or another.

I have more to add

- Assuming. I used to be someone who did this and learned that it is not the way to live. I can go into my reasons why but I'd probably end up insulting people, lol.
- People with low self esteem and play on it
- The "victim" attitude

AcousticMonster
02-08-2010, 03:29 AM
Another one for me is the ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter thread. :p

Can they move it out of General Discussion and to it's own folder?

Melissa82
02-08-2010, 03:31 AM
Another one for me is the ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter thread. :p

Can they move it out of General Discussion and to it's own folder?Haha, I agree... in fact, I think it should get its own website forum.

sukie
02-08-2010, 03:56 AM

Can they move it out of General Discussion and to it's own folder?

Good thing it's not mandatory reading for all UUers. Too bad you don't know what you are missing. :-) And you'd be surprised at how many "general" things are discussed. In fact, I think that's about all that's discussed.

sukie
02-08-2010, 03:56 AM
People who clip their toenails at restaurants.

People do that? For real?

ukeshale
02-08-2010, 04:19 AM
Lights being left on. I'm forever turning off lights that don't need to be on. I imagine that my turning off of lights all the time is a pet peeve of someone else.

hoosierhiver
02-08-2010, 04:35 AM
Most things that people do with cell phones like driving, dialing while making a left hand turn. It drives me nuts having to listen to half of someones conversation when waiting in line somewhere. Sometimes seems like cell phones have made the world a ruder place.
I really hate telemarketers too.

KvnO
02-08-2010, 06:32 AM
Sometimes seems like cell phones have made the world a ruder place.

No doubt. Anyone working in retail can easily attest to that.

Most of mine have been said, but I'll add this: I can't stand it when a girl (and really, I've only seen girls do it) insists she's ugly no matter how many times/people insist otherwise. I've stopped acknowledging the comments all together.

RevWill
02-08-2010, 06:38 AM
I don't understand why but I don't like mouth noises other than speech. If you are popping gum, smacking your lips while eating, or especially if you scrape your fork against your teeth I get shivers up my spine.

hoosierhiver
02-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Another one that gets me is, when you answer the phone "Hello" and the person on the line says "Yes".
Since when did "yes" become an acceptable response to a greeting?

RevWill
02-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Another one that gets me is, when you answer the phone "Hello" and the person on the line says "Yes".
Since when did "yes" become an acceptable response to a greeting?

"Hello."
"Agreed."

"Hello"
"Affirmative."

"Hello."
"Roger that."

"Hello."
"Indeed."

You're right. That doesn't make any sense.

StereoJoker
02-08-2010, 07:20 AM
New one (because I just took my laundry out of the dryer):

-Not being able to find the mates to my socks

Seriously, I just bought a flippin' bunch of new socks, and it's like half of them disappeared in the wash already! I never have matching socks. Where do they go? Augh.

Uke Republic
02-08-2010, 08:27 AM
People do that? For real?

Well it's the ones that use their teeth that really get me! At least the clippers are more sanitary. I'm just kidding never seen anyone do that but I did hear about a guy in the army who was using a urinal whilst eating a chicken leg.

molokinirum
02-08-2010, 09:59 AM
My main thing is those d@#% cell phones!!! I saw a moronic idiot yesterday walking down the street, his i-pod plugged into his ears and the fool was looking down and texting while walking!! The best part was the idiot walked into a stop sign!! AHHH sweet justice!

dianalele
02-08-2010, 05:15 PM
double negatives or double positives!

ex. "more better"
"more taller"
etc.

GreatGazukes
02-08-2010, 07:33 PM
-Not being able to find the mates to my socks

I now just buy the same brand and colour of sock so I dont even need to match them up. Funny thing is they don't seem to go missing any more. Maybe they like collective bargaining? (also if you are of a thrifty mindset, makes darning the things a lot easier, just one ball of wool ready to go!!)

Mim
02-09-2010, 02:40 AM
I hate when people are late... it is just rude!

I also hate bluetooth headsets, because unless you are in the car it is rude to use them in the store and make me think you are talking to me and then when I answer you give me a weird look and then I realize their is a bluetooth hidden under your hair. Seriously, I will hear someone say, "Hey! How ya doing?" and I say "GREAT! How are you?" and then I realize they are talking to someone on their phone... stupid bluetooths.

SuperSecretBETA
02-09-2010, 03:02 AM
I hate when people are late... it is just rude!

Don't hate if a filipino is late. It's a culturally accepted practice to be an hour or more later than scheduled. lol

Thumper
02-09-2010, 03:10 AM
I think constantly changing the names of stadiums and arenas is wrong. Building names should be permanent; otherwise, it's not really a name, it's just a billboard.

heymelbs
02-09-2010, 03:17 AM
LOL is mine - is the person really laughing out loud?

FrankBungle
02-09-2010, 03:46 AM
- abuses of power
- drivers who don't stop at zebra crossings
- doctors' handwriting

hoosierhiver
02-09-2010, 03:57 AM
I think constantly changing the names of stadiums and arenas is wrong. Building names should be permanent; otherwise, it's not really a name, it's just a billboard.

That always bugged me too.

Ukulele JJ
02-09-2010, 07:55 AM
- drivers who don't stop at zebra crossings

I'm guilty of this one. I can't tell you how many zebras I've almost run over!

< rim shot >

JJ

itsme
02-09-2010, 08:59 AM
I also hate bluetooth headsets, because unless you are in the car it is rude to use them in the store and make me think you are talking to me and then when I answer you give me a weird look and then I realize their is a bluetooth hidden under your hair. Seriously, I will hear someone say, "Hey! How ya doing?" and I say "GREAT! How are you?" and then I realize they are talking to someone on their phone... stupid bluetooths.
I was in a store recently and a guy walks up beside me, reaches for something on the shelf and says, "Would you like to go out to dinner with me tonight?" and it took me a second before I realized he was talking on his headset.

StereoJoker
02-09-2010, 05:44 PM
I was in a store recently and a guy walks up beside me, reaches for something on the shelf and says, "Would you like to go out to dinner with me tonight?" and it took me a second before I realized he was talking on his headset.

Hahahaha. Awkwarrrrd.

Was he reaching for a box of dates?

(Also: < rimshot >.)

MisoHappy
02-11-2010, 12:33 PM
-When I ask kids younger than me nicely not to do something, then they smile sweetly and do it anyway

-When people pronounce my last name Pa-dee-a instead of Pa-dill-a

-When people call each other mean names in public

-My parents asking me to do stuff while I'm tryna do my homework.

-When you tell a boy something, then they copy you in a higher voice

-That person who says "Ew!" during a make-out scene in a movie

-When I'm doing a group project, but end up doing all the work because my partners "forgot" to do their part

Ukulele JJ
02-11-2010, 01:30 PM
-When people pronounce my last name Pa-dee-a instead of Pa-dill-a

I always pronounce your last name as "Ha-pee".

:-)

JJ

Ukulele JJ
02-14-2010, 05:21 AM
Thought of another pet peeve of mine...

Links that open up new browser windows (without being asked to do so, and without any visual/textual indication that they'll misbehave that way).

I hate that.

JJ

Monkeyswithladders
02-17-2010, 04:51 AM
In no particular order:

#1 Party politics. It's like watching kids argue on behalf of their favorite wrestler (this is from a United States perspective).
#2 When people say, "I could care less."
#3 When people are unreasonable. I don't care (all that much) if your viewpoints are seriously crazy. Really. What I do care about is refusing to discuss them reasonably.
#4 Intolerance based on religious beliefs.
#5 Cell phones.
#6 People who have lots of children.
#7 Deliberate misinformation.
#8 Improved means to an unimproved end.
#9 Mosquitos.
#10 Capitalism.

I think that's all.

wickedwahine11
02-17-2010, 05:12 AM
#2 When people say, "I could care less."

Ooh, good one. And I add to that the people who say, "supposably" instead of "supposedly." My best friend is a very smart guy, a tax attorney, and it drives me crazy when he does this. I always hope he doesn't do it in front of one of his high priced clients. And in a similar vein, I used to work retail, so holidays were always crazy,and I wanted to scream every time someone came in to buy a "Valentimes" present. Argh! It is Valentine's, people, Valentine's!!

Monkeyswithladders
02-17-2010, 05:20 AM
My mother in law says Valentimes. I'm so glad my wife never picked that up :P

RevWill
02-17-2010, 05:31 AM
Just the other day I was walking toward the entrance of Wal-Mart and a man holding a very small baby was walking out (presumably with his spouse or girlfriend who was the baby's mom). The baby was crying and uncomfortable and threw up on dad. The guy walking closest to me let out a loud, sarcastic "Oh YEEEAH!" Really rude.

The next thing I heard was dad saying to his partner, "that's it, we're going to emergency."

How can a human be insensitive toward a sick baby? Seriously!

GreatGazukes
02-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Well if we are going to raise mispronounciations, top of my list are discussions about "prostrate" cancer. I sooooo want to keep correcting them, it makes me feel pedantic when I should be expressing concern. :(

Mim
02-17-2010, 11:34 AM
#6 People who have lots of children.

OH NO!!! I have 7 kids!!! You would not like me :p

They are good kids though! Very cute! Just one has lost his mind!

StereoJoker
02-18-2010, 08:28 AM
OH NO!!! I have 7 kids!!! You would not like me :p

They are good kids though! Very cute! Just one has lost his mind!

Are you sure you haven't lost your mind? (Seven? Goodness, it must be like a constant carnival in your house! ...that actually sounds pretty awesome.)

Here are some others:

-When folks say "basically" a lot, usually unnecessarily. My dad uses "basically" in almost every spoken sentence. It is all kinds of stupid.
-The phrase "same difference". Whoever came up with that needs to have a brick thrown at his or her head. It's an illogical phrase and should not be allowed to be said because of it is so illogically sound. Seriously.

(Also, apparently in Britain, you guys have a pop group called "Same Difference" who came off The X Factor? And they have an album called "Pop", and apparently their first single was called "We R One"? I just listened to it. You've got to be kidding me. They're now on my list of pet peeves.)

Melissa82
02-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Just about everything peeves me off these days. *grumble*

Mim
02-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Are you sure you haven't lost your mind? (Seven? Goodness, it must be like a constant carnival in your house! ...that actually sounds pretty awesome.)

Sometimes I wonder the same thing myself :)! 4 are adopted, 3 of which were potty trained when they came to our family. So, at least I did not birth them all and have to potty train them all (just 4)! I really dislike being pregnant! And I really dislike diapers! My youngest 2 just potty trained! Happy day!

So... another pet peeve is guys who pride themselves on not changing diapers and chipping in around the house.

But yes, my house is a carnival... it was tough at first to get used too, but now I am used to the chaos!!!

And the funny thing is one of my pet peeves is not being able to communicate with people who speak a different language. It is not that I am mad at them, it is more I hate that I can not communicate effectively to meet their or my needs. Then we adopt 3 kids who do not speak English... my husband laughs at me for this! I had to get over it real quick and I got very good at charades!

Nichod
02-18-2010, 12:16 PM

100% Agree with this one!

People that use "like" every other word is one of mine!

MisoHappy
02-18-2010, 01:11 PM
100% Agree with this one!

People that use "like" every other word is one of mine!

So pretty much all teenage girls? hahaha

itsme
02-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Yeah, it gets old when people use the same words repeatedly like (excuse me, should have said "as if") it's their verbal signature. :p

"I gotta tell ya something..." Know someone who says that probably ten times an hour.

Or someone I knew who would say "I'm sorry, but <insert rant that proves they aren't sorry at all>"

Or that old ghetto cliche:

"Ya see what I'm sayin'?"

Ukulele JJ
02-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Or someone I knew who would say "I'm sorry, but <insert rant that proves they aren't sorry at all>"

In a similar fashion, have you ever noticed that whenever anyone starts a state with "Now, I'm not racist, but...", they're almost always going to say something that proves that they are, in fact, a racist?

JJ

Melissa82
02-18-2010, 03:19 PM
ARGH! I hate how 90% of commercials are about pills pharmaceutical companies are trying to shove down your throat so the corporate and government dudes can make bank off of your prescription addictions (yes, I believe this is the case).

StereoJoker
02-18-2010, 03:39 PM
ARGH! I hate how 90% of commercials are about pills pharmaceutical companies are trying to shove down your throat so the corporate and government dudes can make bank off of your prescription addictions (yes, I believe this is the case).

"Prescription Addictions" would make for a good neo-folk song.

"You may experience mild forms of dizziness, nausea, respiratory problems, liver complications, scurvy, gout, the bubonic plague and other side effects."

tad
02-18-2010, 07:01 PM
People who feel that busy doorways and stairwells are perfectly good places to stop and have a chat. They were out in FORCE today.

Mini123
02-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Cotton wool!

StereoJoker
02-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Forgot one:

-Finger quotes/air quotations (especially excessive use of finger quotation marks)

Aaauuuuuuugh.

Brad Bordessa
02-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Grabbing a hair out of a sink. Chasing it around, then it gets stuck on your hand, then when you try and wash it off it comes off and washes up on the side of the sink again....

bigdog
02-20-2010, 04:54 AM
My list is not as long today as it has been in the past. As Jonathan Edwards would ask... "is it Peace or Prozac"?

However there are things that strike me deep....

> People who agree to a deal then cheat the other parties through fabrication or alleged ignorance.... (cheats and liars category)
> Young people who believe they are all knowing, thus inconsiderate of those who blazed the trails and paved the path ahead of them
> Anyone who thinks they are the smartest, smoothest, cutest, person in the room
> The person who is always a victim and can accept no responsibility

That should cover the peeves of the day... !

Kite
02-20-2010, 07:58 AM
People who say cool beans. just no. it's not cool.

MoreUke
02-20-2010, 08:19 PM
The term NEWBIE

Monkeyswithladders
02-21-2010, 04:03 AM
Forgot one:

-Finger quotes/air quotations (especially excessive use of finger quotation marks)

Aaauuuuuuugh.

Then you'll love this blog: http://www.unnecessaryquotes.com/ I find it amazing

Pukulele Pete
02-21-2010, 04:22 AM
People who complain .

Mim
02-21-2010, 04:24 AM
The term NEWBIE

Speaking of... I hate the term "Preggers" <-- in quotation marks, too.

StereoJoker
02-21-2010, 07:39 AM

This. Is. Terrific. (And it's been around for quite some bit -- how did I miss this?) Thanks!

People who complain .

Well, count me out of your List of People You Might Be Able to Get Along With (Maybe, at Some Point).

No, but really, I don't actually complain about these things out loud too regularly. Growing up, if I had a complaint, I was told to "shut up, suck it up and quit whining", so instead I have an unhealthy tendency to suppress everything. Hooray for issues!

Speaking of... I hate the term "Preggers" <-- in quotation marks, too.

"Preggers" is a weird word. Whenever people mention it, I always think of the canned sauce.
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc27/reversedink/Forum%20Items/sauce.png
This mental association does not bode well for me.

hoosierhiver
02-22-2010, 07:25 AM

"Awesome"...

Pukulele Pete
02-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Do you know what drives me nuts? People with no sense of humor. Also people who do not nip off the excess string at their tuners. It's especially bad when guitar players don't do it. Have you ever poked your finger with the string end on a guitar.
Man, that hurts, they are like little spears.

StereoJoker
02-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Do you know what drives me nuts? People with no sense of humor.

Hahaha -- well played, well played! I chuckled quite a bit at your posts.

The string thing also kind of bothered me as well, but mainly because I always thought somebody's eye would get poked out at some point.

Melissa82
02-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Getting sick when I have lots of things to get done, grrr

koa
02-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Clicked on a link to youtube at this forum. Guess what? My browser is no longer supported. Problem is my hardware (eMac OS10.3.9) cannot handle pretty much most new applications/software. Nothing wrong with hardware or software. The machine has run trouble free since purchased new back a few years ago. Hate to waste $$s and fill the landfill to replace something that's not broken.
Today my Pet Peevvvv..... updates that are not back compatible..... Not a real major issue to fret over. Something that can be easily dealt with. Just a something to complain about.

dearsara
02-26-2010, 01:19 PM
- People who don't take anything I say seriously.
- People who pretend to be a friend to someone, but talk badly about them behind their back.
- Bad grammar and/or spelling. I can understand a small mistake every once in a while, but seriously? Pay attention in English class.
- Hypocrits
- Super-religious people who feel that everything they say must relate to their religion.
- People with anger problems
- Assumptions
- General rudeness and the like.
- "Y'all" I live in Texas, so I have to put up with it, but I hate it. "Ain't", as well. And "fixin' to". I just hate Texas slang in general, I think.
- A whole bunch that you all have already posted.
- Also, ITUNES. :(

Mim
02-26-2010, 01:39 PM
- Bad grammar and/or spelling. I can understand a small mistake every once in a while, but seriously? Pay attention in English class.
- Hypocrits

Haha... was this on purpose?!...
... because it is funnier if it was on accident :D

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Hypocrits

Skrik
02-27-2010, 01:04 AM
So-called humanity.

hugmepleaze
03-09-2010, 06:44 PM
When people get wasted and pee in my hardshell, velvet interior, uke case.