The Uke Love is alive and well in Charlotte!

Mim

Reaction score
So, me and Robby (3nails4holes) hosted our first Charlotte area Uke jam and it...​

ROCKED!!!

We had about 6 ukes, 2 guitars, a trumpet, with some tambourine and maraca thrown in there... we played a group Somewhere Over the Rainbow... tried out a few more songs... and at some point we ended up singing some latin music... which sounded really good with the trumpet!

Some random tidbits:

A lady showed up because she is looking for a Uke player to play Somewhere Over the Rainbow as she walks down the isle. (random)
We had a local young person come and get a quick beginner lesson from our friend Jeff and she stayed and played a few songs... which was really cool! I can tell she enjoyed it! (Thanks Jeff)
And we have some great ideas and a good base to make the next jam even better! (some organized chaos without losing the 'jam' part)
I thought my shop would not be busy because the weather is crap... and for some reason we were packed! (not that I am complaining)
We got a few new people on the underground! (gotta spread the UU love)
We are now going to meet every first Saturday! (and I already can't wait)
We do not have a name yet... but we need one! (any ideas)

I wish I got more pictures and video... but I seriouly was so darn busy! It was like a snow explosion!!! But here are a few:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1vgIM9CKgA
P1100991.jpg
P1100990.jpg

P1100989.jpg
P1100994.jpg

Sweet! Any plans to expand to Greenville, SC?!

Ah, the uke has made it to my old hangout! I went to Winthrop, so the question would be when _wasn't_ I in Charlotte? :)

Maybe possibly, one of these days when I'm back home, I can take a road trip back Charlotte.

Congratulations. I love the uke hanger on the wall, very uke friendly. I had the Jam posted on our club's web site. www.lowcountrystrummers.com and now have a link to your UU posting. If you want send me the particulars about the Saturday get togethers and other upcoming Jams etc. and I'll make sure they get to our members. We are in Charleston SC. E-mail me at lowcountrystrummers@gmail.com if you have an e-mail list please add us to it.

Top Bottom