New Tenor

marshall

Reaction score
2soundhole tenor 001.jpg
Here is my latest tenor.
It is built from an old mahogany table with a birdseye maple fboard,sapele neck,mahogany bridge and box nut and saddle.
Still settling but sounds promising loud,robust and responsive.
more pics at www.myspace.com/marshallstapleton

Last edited:
Looks great! Is that a pyramid style bridge? I'd love to hear how you made it. It looks nice and crisp.

2soundhole tenor 008.jpg
here is a detail of the bridge.
Not too difficult to make.Just decide where you want the pyramids,square off and cut down carefully with a small saw leaving about 2.5mm of wood.Then draw a cross joining the angles for a guide.Then with a sharp chisel cut away the triangles starting with the 2 cross grain and trim off the other 2 along the grain.A bit of judicious filing and sanding to even it to your satisfaction - job done.
Glad you like it.I love pyramid bridges (they don't have to be symetrical of course) and they seem to make sense structurally in that you still have a large gluing surface but the central part of the bridge where the strings attach is freer to move

Looks super cool, man. Thanks for sharing.

Looks nice, bet it sounds nice too. Do I see a slightly compensated, angled bridge and saddle?

thanks for the nice comments.
There was no intentional compensation could be the photo or maybe i just stuck the bridge on the wrong place!Sounds good though...

Top Bottom