Lanikai CK-TEQ -$260 shipped

gotrice415510

Reaction score
Last edited:
that wouldn't happen to be the uke you talk about in this thread?
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...marketplace-wat-shud-i-do&p=307343#post307343

the one "that has a non working pickup, a couple fret buzzes, and it has that saddle problem that those Kala Acacia ukes have making the sound of the uke sound dead...."? maybe you should at least let people know what they're getting into. I realize you got hosed over it, but two wrongs don't make a right.

I was thinking the same thing! Thanks for finding that thread.

no wrong doing at all, the fret buzzes were gone after a new set of strings and i mistakingly thought the saddle had the kala acacia problem. But it doesn't and i can prove it if i make a sound sample video, which i will probably have to do now. And the pickup does work it just doesnt have the battery housing tray.... I even checked at music store with one of their kala's battery trays and it sounded fantastic.

The main thing i did that fixed nearly everyting was put on a new set of strings, which eliminated the dead sound i thought it was giving and the fret buzz at the 1st fret A string and 1st fret E string. Now the only problem is the battery tray bein missing.

-happy now bro? I realized after that i wasnt as screwed over as i thought, but the thread got closed(pretty quickly) before i could reply.

Last edited:
anyway, the reason i am selling it is becuz being able to use the pickup is a neccessity for me in order to record my jazz songs and such, without it im forced to use my mic which i only prefer to use for singing/playing songs, not jazz solos.

Last edited:
whoever wrote this needs to step up and tell me

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/msg/1591631775.html

EDIT: im just gonna lay out the whole situation right here

i bought the uke here on UU and thought i got screwed over, i complain on UU like an idiot. I change the strings and the uke ceased to have buzzes or a dead sound anymore. I try to obtain a battery tray and i have no luck, which is why i say in my C.list ad that u can try to contact Lanikai and get it replaced. My style now literally needs an electric uke in order to get the "sound" i want. So now im selling it, and somebdy feels the need to sabatoge my sale without even hearing my side of the story yet.

Thread needs to be closed...... I have no choice but to take the $250 loss (my entire savings, im 16). Thank the lord for his kindness...... :(

Last edited:
thanks and i know ur just lookin out for fellow UU members but im pretty sure no one will want to buy it now.

gotrice said:
i can prove it if i make a sound sample video, which i will probably have to do now.

like you said, if there are no problems with the uke, I really don't see what the problem is. Throw up a sound sample and see what you get.

like you said, if there are no problems with the uke, I really don't see what the problem is. Throw up a sound sample and see what you get.
the anti craigslist ad advertising me as basically a scammer is pretty ridiculous though, that just isnt kool... it was posted before i could defend myself.

ill post up that vid later, im pretty pessimistic at this point though

the anti craigslist ad advertising me as basically a scammer is pretty ridiculous though, that just isnt kool... it was posted before i could defend myself.

I don't know what to tell you about the craigslist post. For what it's worth, it wasn't me, but I'm sure whoever posted it only had everyone's best interest at heart. Either way, they linked both this thread, and the original thread, so anyone that sees that ad will see your defense here.

I don't know what to tell you about the craigslist post. For what it's worth, it wasn't me, but I'm sure whoever posted it only had everyone's best interest at heart. Either way, they linked both this thread, and the original thread, so anyone that sees that ad will see your defense here.

Thanks for clarifying, but im sure that pple will just see that and immediately label my ad as a scam, most ppl arent smart enough or even care enough to see if i defended myself.

Last edited:
Thanks for the message on my profile attacking me and attempting to blame the craigslist ad on me, gotrice415510. I WISH I had time for things like that. Just because I called you out does not mean I would post something like that. From this thread you can see that I am NOT passive and prefer to actually face problems right on.

This isn't craigslist so please don't bring the issue here.

Thanks.

Thanks for the message on my profile attacking me and attempting to blame the craigslist ad on me, gotrice415510. I WISH I had time for things like that. Just because I called you out does not mean I would post something like that. From this thread you can see that I am NOT passive and prefer to actually face problems right on.

That was early on when i first saw it and i was pretty mad and i kinda blamed u for that, srry. But i didnt attack you, i asked you if that was your work and then I said that it isn't cool to post stuff like that without giving me a chance to defend myself. Thats not attacking at all. I never said anything threatening or even voilent in anyway.

That was early on when i first saw it and i was pretty mad and i kinda blamed u for that, srry. But i didnt attack you, i asked you if that was your work and then I said that it isn't cool to post stuff like that without giving me a chance to defend myself. Thats not attacking at all. I never said anything threatening or even voilent in anyway.
Next time, send him a PM.

Top Bottom