PDA

View Full Version : Are you watching the Super Bowl, playing uke, or both

euchre
02-07-2010, 01:29 PM
What are you doing?

Doctroid
02-07-2010, 01:36 PM
I don't think I'd watch the Super Bowl even if I did like football. I have a severe allergy to hype.

khrome
02-07-2010, 01:45 PM
I forgot the Stupor Bowl was today. :) jk jk. I'm not into football. I've been cleaning, playing vid games, and soon to be playing uke here.

bonden
02-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Watching the superbowl on norwegian national broadcasting. Can't play the ukulele as my roommate has gone to bed.

MartinLil
02-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Definitely playing uke in between articles to read and a paper due for a Tuesday class. I would have it on in the background if a political and extremely oppressive commercial were not being aired though... Back to my beloved sceptre! :D

bonden
02-07-2010, 01:49 PM
'What commercial is that? We don't get the commercials in Norway.

Ukuleleblues
02-07-2010, 01:56 PM
We just got done playing uke. I have no real interest in watching a kids game played by millionaires.

scottie
02-07-2010, 02:07 PM
The Steelers aren't playing. . . I don't care.

MartinLil
02-07-2010, 02:10 PM
'What commercial is that? We don't get the commercials in Norway.

I sent you a PM. It's too much of a hot topic to bring up in the forum.

itsme
02-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Where was the "none of the above" option?

I watched the halftime to see The Who. I thought the lighting and effects were more interesting than the actual performance.

In years gone by I would have watched just to see the commercials, but now you can catch them on the net. I think my all-time fave was the cat herding one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

DeG
02-07-2010, 04:06 PM

:agree: But, I watched it anyway. ;)

homEsick
02-07-2010, 04:19 PM
watched the first two indiana jones today with some interspersed uke playing. my fam's into the super bowl, but i hate football.

super excited for world cup though! wanted to go this time, but too many other things required $$. so maybe next time.

FourChordWonder
02-07-2010, 05:31 PM
I cleaned my house and then watched the cartoons on Fox. I really only watch sports during the holidays so I don't have to socialize with my extended family or if I know someone throwing a kickass super bowl party.

rasputinsghost
02-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Did both. New Orleans deserved this win.

Guting
02-07-2010, 08:42 PM
got drunk then went sleep

Plainsong
02-07-2010, 10:27 PM
To watch it live would mean staying up from 1am to 7am, so I added it to the DVR to record. Had to look up something online this morning, and was frakking greated with a spoiler. Thank you, internet.

Skitzic
02-08-2010, 01:31 AM
I sent you a PM. It's too much of a hot topic to bring up in the forum.

Can I get a PM too?

I don't watch sports. I watched Pandorum, ate pizza, rocked out on the uke, went to bed. I am a wild woman.

Ukulele JJ
02-08-2010, 03:03 AM
Yeah, definitely a missing option here.

In my yearly quest to see every Best Picture nominee prior to the Oscar ceremony, I watched "The Hurt Locker" instead of the Stupor Bowl.

JJ

molokinirum
02-08-2010, 04:51 AM
Did both and congrats to the no longer the aints but the Super Bowl Champs!!!
Oh and yes not only did I do both but also managed to drink....alot!!!

Swampy Steve
02-08-2010, 05:07 AM
We just got done playing uke. I have no real interest in watching a kids game played by millionaires.
X2 I just dont get the fascination of pro football, or even baseball, if you want to see some people into playing a sport, watch some girls fast pitch softball, they are intense, and they dont even have bling

Monkeyswithladders
02-08-2010, 05:23 AM
I was looking forward to the superbowl solely because I knew everyone would be leaving the house to go watch the game somewhere and I'd have some quiet time alone. Played some percussion, bass, and didgeridoo-- saving the uke track and vocals for tonight :D

Harold O.
02-08-2010, 05:26 AM

The Chargers aren't playing ... I don't care.

I had it in the background while rearranging my office space. Didn't notice anything controversial/political/oppressive. Well, except for that call on third and six at the 42...

Lori
02-08-2010, 06:27 AM
I recorded the game/show, so I could scan later. Mostly interested in The Who, and commercials though. I could hear hoots and hollering from my densely populated neighborhood during the game. People like to have a good excuse to make noise.

I spent the day making Ukulele Half Strap prototypes, collecting and sending surveys, and catching up on last week's LOST episodes.

–Lori