I am selling my curly G-String...

vcowman

Reaction score
:D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180242068732&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=008

Dont want to sell it, its a one in a million uke, but only for financial reasons...

from ebay listing.

I picked this incredibly beautiful and amazing sounding Uke when I was in Hawaii last week for $1200. G string, the current top maker of Ukuleles in Hawaii, makes only 50 of these masterpieces a year. From all the shops I visited, I got consistantly better feedback on this piece as compared to similar models from Kamaka, Koaloha, Kanilea, Koolau and the other famous makers.

It is make of solid, beautiful curly Koa that has a hologram effect due to the beauty and the finishing of the Koa. It has a bright, punchy sound as it is I put Aquilas on it and it is tuned as Low G, Octave C, E, and double A high. You can tune it as you wish or even turn it into a 4 string. Its very easy to change strings on this ukulele. This also gives it a warm, chocolaty sound with incredible sustain. Uke has only been played a couple of times. I will include an extra of hilo strings with the G String 6 String Ukulele and the soft case it came with. You are seeing correctly, I am selling it with no reserve! I prefer money order for payment. $20 flat rate shipping to the U.S.

When bidding goes of $1000 I will include a set of 6 String Worth Clear strings with Low and High G strings, they cost $$$ and are very rare for a 6 string set.

PM me for more info if you want, feel free to bid.

pic of tenor

Attachments

• 99c1_1.jpg
    99c1_1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 42
Is there a reserve, and are you willing to ship to the UK. My friend has a SAB semi custom, sounds damn sweet, beautiful aswell.

Last edited:
Nice uke! Bummer you are selling it. 4 strings and I would bid on it!

I have used it as a 4 string, just take the extra c and a string, it works really well. in fact, at the moment i have it as a 5 string, with double a, found it sounds best to my ears.

Why was the initial bid so low?

its cheaper when u pay ur insertion fee with a .99 cent starting bid. There's more to it then that also, but i didnt feel like buying the Secrets of ebay book i saw in barnes and noble:rofl:. But yeah the title "curly G-string" made me laugh a little. good luck on selling it tho, hope u get the price u wanted.

costs more in fees to start it higher and/or to have a reserve -- in this case its a highly desirable item, so little chance of it going too cheap, unless there's a typo or something that knocks it out of the searches (i came across a number of awesome deals on typos in the past).

yes, I wrote curly G-String to get your attention :) Seriously folks, this is one gorgeous uke, I will try to take more pics but when you hold it, it just is unreal in the light.

if anyone is in SD and wants to check it out in person, I am in La Mesa, feel free to PM me and we can arrange a time for you to swing by if you wish.

Was it purchased from the factory, third party or authorized dealer?

As a guitar player buying his first uke, would you recommend starting with a six string like this, and take it down to 4 strings at some point, as suggested, or passing on a 6 and just just buying a 4 in the soprano size to get started?

A six-string uke isn't like a six-string guitar. It still has four courses, two single string courses and two double string courses.

I, of course, always recommend sopranos. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom