Bruko No 6 Soprano, plus case, aquilas - UK

bazmaz

Reaction score
Sadly, needs must, I am downsizing a little.

My lovely Bruko 6 solid Mahogany is to go. Never really played it (only a couple of times) so is as new (still got the Bruko tags)

Also comes with hard shell case that cost me £15 and is in good condition and has a lovely UKE Player sticker on it!

Stripped off the nasty Pyramid strings, and fitted the Bruko with brand new Aquilas.

Lovely Uke - cost me £100, and comes with case and new strings. These are handmade in Germany. Currently on Duke of Uke for £115 I think.

Happy to sell for £90 - postage (UK only) will be £10. Paypal preferred

Some pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hmmm, another concert or a soprano or even a tenor. I'm fairly tempted i have to say but i'm leaning towards a flea because of their robustness. I'll get back to you paul

I am so sorry to see you're letting this one go. Your enthusiasm when you got this one got me interested in Brukos, and while I haven't scored something as lovely as your No. 6, I did get myself a different one on ebay.
Were I in the UK, I'd be delighted to be your customer on this beauty and proud to own it.

Thanks both!

This is actually pretty robust itself - hard to describe the finish - kind of a matt gloss - but it's very tough.

sorry - should also say - if anyone wants other pictures (with dated paper in the shot) let me know

If you search this forum you will see thought that this is genuine as I banged on so much about buying it!

Cheers!

could you compare the sound to anything? how does it feel to play? is the tone nice and clear and punchy or mellow?

Cheers,
Will

I think it's a very individual ukulele sound. Its definitely clear and punchy though! Check out my youtube vids as above. I have heard that the sound will mellow with time (being an all solid instrument)

As for the feel to play, it really is very nice - neck is super smooth satiny and a joy to hold. Intonation is spot on all over the neck, nice low action, no buzzes. Really nice set up.

Trad Soprano shape, but the whole feel of the finish is very nice to hold - hard to describe - immaculately finished, in satiny thin varnish - feels very tough, no fingerprints, but super super smooth.

If you have ever felt the back of a maple neck on a flea or fluke, the neck feels like that.

Tuners are friction, but are quality types and work very well.

Other nice touches I like - no name logo on the headstock, and no label inside - but the Bruko name is branded (yes branded, as in a hot iron) onto the wood inside the body - very cool.

Check out Bruko website for details on manufacture

Yeah - I also think the vids show a consensus that the pyramid strings they ship with are pretty rotten - hence the aquilas on this. I have also heard that Worth Browns work very well on it.

I'll be sad to see it go, but with baby in the house, less time to play, and money tighter I cant justify to my wife my 5 ukulele collection!

Hi Paul

Sorry to hear you got to get rid of this little baby, I remember you waxing lyrical about it when you got it. I'd buy it if I had the pennies at the moment, but I'm currently saving for a tenor.

I suggest posting that it's up for sale on the UK Marketplace thread in UK.lele
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/group.php?do=discuss&discussionid=254
it will obviously sit near the top of the threads for longer and possibly bben seen by a wider UK audience.

Good luck with selling it and congrats to the lucky buyer.
Cheers
John

I too would snap this up if I could afford it right now. I don't think you'll have much problem selling this. I love Brukos. Such beautiful ukuleles.

hoping this doesnt have to go to the great ebay in the sky... (shameless bump)

sold!

thread can be locked

It's mine!!!!!

Looking forward to receiving it.... Thanks for posting it so quick Paul!

Top Bottom