NY Uku festival

Sic_Rob

Reaction score
Hi,

I just accidentlly heard about the Ny Uku fest. Can anyone tell me about it? What kind of things do they offer? What kind of work shops do they have? I would love a run down of the event. The web site hasn't posted a lot of things yet and I am very excite to attend. I just want to know more while I build up the excitement. I've already told my wife not to plan anything that weekend. Atleast don't plan anything that includes me. LOL Is it something that I can bring my young children (6 & 3)?

I don't know, but I think 135 is a heck of a ticket price...

NO KIDDING! What do you get for $135? I couldn't figure that out. that may be out of my price range. It's to bad too. I can't tell you how many folks that I have met on UU that are college and even high school students that will not be able to afford that. I hope thats a 3 day combined ticket price.

Last edited:
I like to think of myself as an adult but I'm not sure I could afford that. I mean, yeah you get to see a lot of people in concert...but I can't afford to get a room in NYC for 2 nights AND buy that ticket. Can you imagine what it will cost after the 'early bird special?' It will probably be pushing 200.

I've been to the New Orleans Jazz festival which is on it's 40 something year and it didn't cost this much. Though they didn't have a Ukulele tent now that I think about it. I'll wait to see the prices broken down.

Maybe you get a new special edition ukulele upon entry...

For $135, I would rather buy myself 3 new makala dolphins or half a new quality uke...

Gee, and I thought that the price was pretty good for a three day event with workshops. Cheaper than others I've attended.
And not to forget the all day Sunday luau...

This weekend in Massachusetts is the Boston Bluegrass Union's annual Joe Val Bluegrass Festival, a three-day event to celebrate the legacy of the late Joe Val, a bluegrass music pioneer from New England. As a non-member, a ticket for me would be $90, which includes workshops, educational programs, vendors and three days of national and regional bluegrass talent. I wouldn't have to worry about a hotel because the festival venue is a half-hour away. I'm debating going, though, because $90 and whatever I end up spending at the festival could easily buy me that beater uke I've been wanting to get . . . still three days of bluegrass music is awfully tempting.

We have plenty of uku here already. ;)

Last year they had a UU member special for $99 for the full pass. Hope they do that again this year.

NY Uku festival

Sic_Rob, there was recently a thread on whether people said "ukulele" or "uke," and there were several posts about how some people, mostly in Europe, say "uku" (which apparently translates in some languages as "head lice"). So I thought I'd just come out and ask, without meaning to be judgmental: Why do you use the short form "uku" instead of "uke" for ukulele?

Gee, and I thought that the price was pretty good for a three day event with workshops. Cheaper than others I've attended.
And not to forget the all day Sunday luau...

good point

Top Bottom