Great strap idea!

parker coleman

Reaction score
Just go to your neigborhood fabric store and pic out nylon strapping... comes in many colors and designs...very cheap also! Cut to length and use soldering iron to make holes and slits. no bulkiness or leather or plastic or metal!

So this would be attached to a strap button? I'm not that clear about the "holes & slits! "

yes, to the strap button... solder out something that looks like this --0

Not sure this makes sense in this forum. Would be interesting to see a detailed description or photos of this being built.

So, as I understand it, the great strap idea is to use a strap?

I get it. You melt a hole in the strapping (I think they call it webbing) and pop it over a strap button.

I saw another idea for a guitar strap that was just a long loop - it cradles the guitar under the wide lower bout, then over your shoulder, and I think it was either around the headstock or maybe under the narrow lower...shoulder??? of the guitar body near the neck joint. This could work with a nylon loop and a ukulele.

whats with the ignorant responses?

Its a good, easy, and inexpensive alternative. If you cant be cool about it...post elsewhere please.

:agree: It's a solid idea, that he wanted to share. Ease up. If you don't like it, then just keep it to yourself and move on...

I love when people are coming up with ideas that are elegant and inexpensive - sounds like a great idea! I probably would have done it when I had my concert which had a strap button. I now just have sopranos and am able to hold them comfortably without a strap. But great thinking!

Top Bottom