My new Dolphin

Skitzic

Reaction score
My new Dolphin came in the mail yesterday! :nana:

purpledolphin.jpg

Only photo I have, taken with my blackberry so you'll have to bear with me.

I took it with me to work today (in the blizzard in case I get stuck somewhere and need something to do in the car).

I am struggling a bit trying to keep my fat fingers in those tiny little frets.

It seems bassier than my Lanikai, which is interesting. Right now I have it tuned a half step higher and I'm really enjoying it.

Boo yeah!

That is all.

They are the best under 75.00 uke and cost half that ........ The novelty of them is how could such a cheezy looking thing sound so great.....They are wonderfull ukes and shuold be in anyones quiver.... I lend them out to friends...... Give them as gifts after my daughters sleep overs......

And the newer ones have a plastic body with wood soundboard. They're the poor man's Flea in a huge variety of colors.

I was unsure if I would like the plastic or not, but I do. It's different. My coworkers are enjoying. The first thing out of their mouth is 'wow, that sure is purple.'

Are you kidding? That purple could make me want a second dolphin, and I really have no need for a second dolphin.

Are you kidding? That purple could make me want a second dolphin, and I really have no need for a second dolphin.

Bwaha I love that purple. It's almost lavender.

I was sweating a little when I got the box. There were two huge rips in the cardboard, and when I poked my finger in there I could feel uke...so I took photos of the holes before I opened it just in case there was damage. Uke was perfect though.

The second statment everyone makes is 'that part (pointing to the bridge) looks like a dolphin.'

My coworkers are so smart. :)

That's pretty awesome! Sweet color. I'm considering one though I do wish they came in concert and tenor sizes.

Yeah, most of my coworkers left, so now I'm trying to learn Killing Me Softly...

Nice :)

I want one! Just deciding on the color... it's a hard choice to make! Also, has anyone had problems with the paint chipping off? I heard someone mention the paint off the Dolphins chip off easily :(

Picked up a red burst Dolphin for my wife...one of her Valentine's gifts...

It does sound pretty sweet. The plastic was totally worth it. :)

I wish they would make one some day with the whole body made out of plastic. Not joking. I tell you, even with those GHS strings the top is alive with vibrations all the way up the neck to the headstock.

Top Bottom