the koaloha juke? has anyone played/seen this one yet?

3nails4holes

Reaction score

Attachments

• juke_tenor01.jpg
    juke_tenor01.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 10
  • juke_tenor05.jpg
    juke_tenor05.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 6
  • juke_tenor02.jpg
    juke_tenor02.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 5
  • juke_tenor04.jpg
    juke_tenor04.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 7
  • juke_tenor10.jpg
    juke_tenor10.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 6
I was lucky enough to hold and strum one at the factory last Novenber. I even got to hold the original prototype Juke. I also got to hold the uke that started it all.
The young man holding the Juke played us a song and just ripped it up, my wife was stunned at the sounds that juke could make.

attachment.php

The la'au kui ukes are nice, though they are $3500!

I was lucky enough to hold and strum one at the factory last Novenber. I even got to hold the original prototype Juke. I also got to hold the uke that started it all.
The young man holding the Juke played us a song and just ripped it up, my wife was stunned at the sounds that juke could make.

attachment.php

Is that Kirk Shimabukuro? Kind of looks like him. If it was, no wonder he tore it up. He's one of the best up and commers around.

I've tried two jukes. One was when they launched it at the Roy Sakuma Uke Fest last year. And I played the original one at the KoAloha factory. Definitely something different tone-wise. The tone was very volumous (is that a word). Like volume as in lots of room, or as in your hair, or like a cave, rather than volume as in decibels. Beautiful work of art. Sounds very very special too. But my personal thought is that the Juke is more of an art piece than an every-day player.

Top Bottom