Canada's ukulele junky!

guitarjunky

Reaction score
To all Canadian members, just want to let you know that we are THE place to get a uke in Canada.

We are a Kala, Pono, Ko'olau, KoAloha, Eleuke, and soon Anuenue and Fluke and Flea ukulele dealers with always at least 50 ukes in stock.

We ship everywhere and our prices are competitive.

Check us out at www.guitarjunky.ca

Aloha!

Can it get sexier then this?

4348216539_ba9e2e020c_b.jpg

4348217693_0a7131f49f.jpg

That's a pretty good looking ukulele!
Can I make a suggestion? Since you're here on Ukulele Underground to sell your wares, it would be very cool if you would support this fantastic site as one of the advertisers on the homepage. I say this only as a fan of this forum, not a representative at all. I just personally get a bad taste in my mouth when someone is here only to try to sell, not as a participating member of the community.
There are posters here who are merchants as well. They're also very helpful in the forum, regular contributors to the dialogues. "One of us".
I invite you to really jump in with both feet.

Just my opinion/two cents. With a gut instinct that I'm not alone in thinking like ths.

Just my opinion/two cents. With a gut instinct that I'm not alone in thinking like ths.

Nope. You're not alone. there are a few others in the same position.

Guitar junkie -- looking forward to reading your wisdom.

I just personally get a bad taste in my mouth when someone is here only to try to sell, not as a participating member of the community.
Same here.

My understanding was that the Marketplace was for individual members to sell individual instruments, not for dealers to advertise. And per the sticky about How to Sell here, you must include a price.

Sorry for this... I am trying hard to promote ukulele in Canada, which is not easy...

But I will for sure try to show that I am not only doing it for the buck...

Oh and yes I will run a competition... The first Canadian Uke Grand Prix! I am going out of town for a few days, but will annonce it within the next two weeks and will try to make it interesting...

No need to be so harsh on them! As long as they don't spam the forum, I'm personally fine with seeing an occasional update on sales and the like. But might be nice to have a separate business marketplace. Would be useful I think.

No need to be so harsh on them! As long as they don't spam the forum, I'm personally fine with seeing an occasional update on sales and the like. But might be nice to have a separate business marketplace. Would be useful I think.

i agree. it's hard to find ukes in canada from canada.

Understand please I was suggesting this vendor be more involved with Ukulele Underground.
I'm delighted to see this guidance being taken to heart and look forward to our new friend being part of our community.

Understand please I was suggesting this vendor be more involved with Ukulele Underground.
I'm delighted to see this guidance being taken to heart and look forward to our new friend being part of our community.

tahnks for the vote of confidence... I appreciate it.

I will try to be a true part of the community.

And if anyone has some suggestions to help me create an exciting comp (the Canada Uke Grand Prix!) I am all ears.

cheers

tahnks for the vote of confidence... I appreciate it.

I will try to be a true part of the community.

And if anyone has some suggestions to help me create an exciting comp (the Canada Uke Grand Prix!) I am all ears.

cheers

Glad to see your desire to be part of the community, AND to promote the uke in Canada. It is a fantastic place, welcome.

In regards to the contest, how about something trivia related to the Olympics? Overall, you guys have done a great job hosting them. Or how about the best or most original rendition of Oh Canada? IMO one of the gteatest national anthems in the world.

Glad to see your desire to be part of the community, AND to promote the uke in Canada. It is a fantastic place, welcome.

In regards to the contest, how about something trivia related to the Olympics? Overall, you guys have done a great job hosting them. Or how about the best or most original rendition of Oh Canada? IMO one of the gteatest national anthems in the world.

Thanks for the suggestions! I want this to survive the Olympic Games so, maybe a comp for the best Instrumental or the best song? This would be a yearly Grand Prix... The Uke Canadian Open or the Uke Canadian Grand Prix (we are a formula 1 city!)

Another question... Would it be usefull for me to post simple video sound bits of the ukuleles I have to help the community hear different ukes? Kind of a video library for the forum?

Another question... Would it be usefull for me to post simple video sound bits of the ukuleles I have to help the community hear different ukes? Kind of a video library for the forum?
MGM and others do this but it has come up on this and other forums that most streaming video comparisons are only useful to a point. Often the audio is not great, and even if it was, streaming audio sucks. If one is going to the trouble to record instruments for comparison purposes they should record full resolution audio with high quality mics, transparent preamps and converters and the same recording environment and player. This can be done at the same time as video. Archive and other sites host audio for free if it's creative commons license, plus the clip would only have to be 20 seconds or so. Even at 24bit 48k the files would be manageable in size.

Of course one doesn't have any control over what playback setup people are using but this is the next best thing to actually trying out an instrument. A video shows you what it looks like and no more.

Top Bottom