Please read this blog.

Aldrine Guerrero

Ukulele Underground Staff
Reaction score
In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=17372466&blogID=345470501

If the link doesn't work... it's basically my blog from MySpace.

I'm in a pretty deep slump... a bunch of people already commented and gave me words of encouragement but I feel that you folks should know as well because the future of Ukulele Underground will be affected by it.

I know it sounds like such a selfish decision... and it is, but I'm sorry everyone. I seriously haven't even played ONE song entirely for the past few days. I lost my will....

I got a big wake up call from what's been going on lately. I need to go back to sleep and keep dreaming...

I'm sorry everyone.

-Aldrine

PS
Because of this, I am gonna be selling my instruments. Please msg me if you're interested.

I've actually gone through something similar in the past. And while it probably won't be any kind of consolation at the moment, I'd like to just tell you what got me through it:

Realizing that I'm in charge of what I am capable of. Not a girl, not a girl's parents. Me.

If you're allowing someone else's opinion of you influence how you feel about the things YOU love, then you're just playing into their hands. You're making them win by caving in. And that will just further push their belief that you're amounting to nothing.

You can't please everyone, Aldrine. I learned that a long time ago. You can only please yourself first and foremost; everyone else will follow and it'll just be a bonus. If you give up doing something you love just because someone thinks you shouldn't be doing it, then you're catering to everyone for the wrong reasons. It's okay to be selfish when it comes to doing things you love; including music.

Strength.

I'll write some more eventually, but I just woke up and I'm not functioning that well.

Attachments

• vivace4.jpg
    vivace4.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 0
  • vivace3.jpg
    vivace3.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 0
  • vivace1.jpg
    vivace1.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 0
  • vivace2.jpg
    vivace2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 0
aldrine...

hey bro, if youre willing to listen, PM me your number or a number i can reach you at. this isnt something that i want to discuss in public. 1. its real hard to tell just how far down you are from you blog. 2. ive been through this more than once. 3. im not going to try to tell you its all rainbows and butterflies. i tell it like it is. some dont like it... but in the end they appreciate it. 4. i dont want to see you throw away what could be one of the few things that will get you out of this.

hey Aldrine, a few days is nothing, over the summer i didnt TOUCH my ukulele for a month in a half. i was just not in the mood.

dont give up. SERIOUSLY. give yourself some time.

Attachments

• IMG_6160.jpg
    IMG_6160.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1
Aldrine, hang in there bro and take the advice of your friends. Whatever happened, life's still bigger than that. We're here for you.

NukeDOC's 4th point is particularly important.

Attachments

• Black Uke Front.jpg
    Black Uke Front.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Black-Uke-Back.jpg
    Black-Uke-Back.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC04347.jpg
    DSC04347.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC04348.jpg
    DSC04348.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 4
my english is too bad to say what im thinking and feeling but please dont let your love to the music go!your awesome aldrine!!!your friends and your music will help you to get out of this horrible situation!!!take your time!
i wish you all the best man,really!!!keep your head up...

many greetz and just the best for your future from a big fan of your music and your person!

Martin

Hey everybody, I set up a voicemail for you all to leave your messages for Aldrine, tell him that he's not wasting his time and that he already has accomplished more than most people will their entire lives.

Permanent number (It's domestic long distance so call using your cellphone)

1(641)715-0101
Code: *5820205

here's what i think, whether or not you take it into consideration is your choice, and if i in any way offend any one, i'm sorry.

playing music a waste of time? It's not conventional, and won't put food on the table? it just sounds like a money issue but your talent in music could always help to acquire income. there's lessons and gigs. although those might not produce a steady income, they could be a good side job. as for a main job, how bout teaching music? like as a music teacher? teachers acquire a good income and you'll be doing what you like, NOT wasting all the things you've gone through now.

nothing more than just a bum? i think i speak for many people here at UU and many more out there in the internet but its people like you, aldrine, that inspired us to pick up the uke and start playing. because of your efforts, uke players all over the world have come together in one place, sharing their experiences, both uke-related and not. i dont think bums do that.

like many people here, i wouldn't want you to stop making your music. its awesome and just amazing. it keeps inspiring us to strive even harder. just remember though, some of us here aren't striving for a career in music. just because we aren't though, doesn't mean we can't play it. same goes for you. if you do decide to try for another career, that doesn't mean you have to drop your passion and love for music all together.

Hey Aldrine. Good luck in whatever you choose to do. I know it's rough now, and it is kind of cliche to say this, but everything will work out for the best somehow. :)

Attachments

• photo 4 (1).jpg
    photo 4 (1).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo 2 (1).jpg
    photo 2 (1).jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo 1 (1).jpg
    photo 1 (1).jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your support but unfortunately, my mind stays still at this time. This has been building up for months and I just never knew how to deal with it. It all blew up the past couple of weeks and I don't know how to recover from it.

I'm sorry everyone... I really am.

UU still has Aaron and Ryan so this website is not going anywhere. Mark the intern is a great ukulele player and teacher. He was the one who "cleaned up" my act when I was just starting out so I nominate him as the ukulele head now.

To show how serious I am with my decisions, I'll start holding the auctions up for my ukuleles. They'll be in the marketplace section.

Thanks everyone for your support. I'm glad to know that everyone cares. It means a lot to me. All your comments and messages made me feel a little better.

Please check out the auction :3

ok aldrine, it looks like your mind is made up. but i would like to make just ONE REQUEST... just keep mika. thats all. put all the other ukes up for auction. fine. i just dont feel like the people here that support your talent and have looked to you for inspiration can in good conscience bid on your ukuleles knowing that you will be left with none in the end.

IMO that would just be too wrong. remember this is a request. not advice, not a suggestion... a request. im asking you to please keep mika. put her in her case and stuff her in the back of the closet. and all but forget about her. thats fine. as long as i know that she is there for you to turn to if you ever go looking for that feeling again.

im almost on the verge of begging here, man. is this too much to ask?

I've begged Aldrine in messages and emails to not give up music. He just won't talk to me. I think we've all said whatever there was that could be said. He all knows how we feel. He seems pretty set in his decision, but I beg you too Aldrine.

Please please please keep Mika. I feel like if you give her up, you'll give up a part of yourself, and I'll lose my friend forever. This breaks my heart.

Attachments

• Wall Art.jpg
    Wall Art.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2
I'll just leave one more message because i finally read his blog and know/understand why he wants to quit playing. Before, I was just encouraging because i knew you were down just didn't know why.

Since when has playing the ukulele even been about money or a career?

The reason I play and listen to music, is to relax the soul. That's what music is about, not about the credibility and income you'll earn. I'm currently in college working on a career in law hopefully, but the ukulele is my hobby, not a source for an income. Maybe you should go back to school, but still keep playing.

To finish off, a few days ago I got kinda pissed at situation and turned on some instrumentals then started flowing (I freestyle). I did it because it soothed whatever was going on in my mind.

Overall, music (to me anyway) isn't there to build a career, it's there to lift spirits and let aggravation of life's sorrows flow through the nature of the skies. So I personally, see no reason to quit, but maybe you should get back in school and focus on how you'll earn an income for a wife and children within the future while simultaneously playing the uke to relax and just have fun.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do buddy.

Hi Aldrine, I am sorry to hear of your decision.

When times are hard my heart turns to one of my all time favorite songs "The Greatest Love of All" by George Benson.

"The greatest love of all is easy to achieve. Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all."

These instructions, although not easy, are what will save you from yourself and whomever/whatever caused so much turmoil in you.

You have done a great thing for many people who adore you more than you may understand and comprehend at different levels.

I hope you will learn much from the challenges you face today and the future, you certainly have the makings of a rich and rewarding life for yourself.

I look forward to you coming back to music when it is right for you.

Sincerely, Epiha

Top Bottom