Kala Electro-Acoustic Solid Mahogany Tenor Uke - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddhuu

Super Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
Selling my beloved Kala Solid Mahogany Tenor 'ukulele with pickup. Reluctant sale to fund a new mandolin I need for gigs.

NB: I'll add some photos later.

The uke comes with a posh tweed hardshell case (with Ukulele Undergound.com sticker!). Some slight fraying to the case fabric in a couple of spots.

Also comes with the excellent Fishman ProEQ II preamp I used with it at gigs. The preamp is in its box and in perfect condition

The uke has a self-fitted Shadow passive undersaddle pickup, passive volume and tone controls, and endpin jack.

Nice smooth, geared tuners. Fitted with quality Worth BT strings (and a spare set of same). The uke has a homemade rope strap.

I have gigged this 'ukulele with The Ploughmen at large and small gigs (see Youtube vid. Sorry the mix isn't very clear for hearing separate instruments). It has served very well and never let me down. I feel kind of guilty letting her go, but in the new band I will play folk mandolin more than uke.

The uke is in very good condition. Plays and sounds great. Instead of the usual matte finish, I polished up the top to a kind of antique gloss. There is a square of protective tape I put on the instrument's tail to prevent gouging from jack plugs when plugging in at dark gigs. I don't know if removing the tape would hurt the finish.

UkuleleUnderground.com members will probably know how much I love my Kala.

Example prices of what I'm including:

Please feel free to Google the included items to check value.

Kala solid mahogany tenor at Southern Ukulele Store is about £160+p&p without case or pickup
Fishman ProEQ II preamp averages about £100 from UK outlets
Shadow uke pickup is about £45 from UK outlets
Tweed Case is about £50 from Southern Ukulele Store

Total new would be about £350 + various shipping. I'm asking £165 including insured p&p within UK.

I can deliver within about 10 miles of Luton, Dunstable or Hitchin. Buyers within that distance get it for £150 as no need to insure or post.

Last edited:
Selling my beloved Kala Solid Mahogany Tenor 'ukulele with pickup. Reluctant sale to fund a new mandolin I need for gigs.

NB: I'll add some photos later.

The uke comes with a posh tweed hardshell case (with Ukulele Undergound.com sticker!). Some slight fraying to the case fabric in a couple of spots.

Also comes with the excellent Fishman ProEQ II preamp I used with it at gigs. The preamp is in its box and in perfect condition

The uke has a self-fitted Shadow passive undersaddle pickup, passive volume and tone controls, and endpin jack.

Nice smooth, geared tuners. Fitted with quality Worth BT strings (and a spare set of same). The uke has a homemade rope strap.

I have gigged this 'ukulele with The Ploughmen at large and small gigs (see Youtube vid. Sorry the mix isn't very clear for hearing separate instruments). It has served very well and never let me down. I feel kind of guilty letting her go, but in the new band I will play folk mandolin more than uke.

The uke is in very good condition. Plays and sounds great. Instead of the usual matte finish, I polished up the top to a kind of antique gloss. There is a square of protective tape I put on the instrument's tail to prevent gouging from jack plugs when plugging in at dark gigs. I don't know if removing the tape would hurt the finish.

UkuleleUnderground.com members will probably know how much I love my Kala.

Example prices of what I'm including:

Please feel free to Google the included items to check value.

Kala solid mahogany tenor at Southern Ukulele Store is about £160+p&p without case or pickup
Fishman ProEQ II preamp averages about £100 from UK outlets
Shadow uke pickup is about £45 from UK outlets
Tweed Case is about £50 from Southern Ukulele Store

Total new would be about £350 + various shipping. I'm asking £165 including insured p&p within UK.

I can deliver within about 10 miles of Luton, Dunstable or Hitchin. Buyers within that distance get it for £150 as no need to insure or post.

has this gone yet???

Hi Krabbers and Mcnilly.

Thanks both for your interest.

As of this moment the uke is still unsold.

I would like to respond to enquiries in the order that they appear in this post. Seems the fair way forward.

I'd like you to see some photos first.

If you look carefully at the case you can see a few stray threads at the bottom and on the right hand side. As I mentioned there is a little fabric fraying but it's superficial.

The closer photo of the uke shows the passive vol/tone controls. They're nice and neat and small. In that same pic you can see the tape I put on around the endpin jack to prevent gouges from jack plugs. I thought about removing it, but it is such strong adhesive tape that I'm not sure I could do so without damaging the finish or binding.

The strange red blob at the endpin jack is just an elastic band I popped on to be extra sure the strap would stay. Kind of a DIY straplock! LOL.

As far as I an see there is no damage or anything I should mention that isn't already mentioned and in the pics. Please ask if there are specific questions or if you would like close-ups of any part of the uke or case.

BTW, looks like there are a couple of spare sets of Worth BT strings and one set of Aquilas in the case, so they come with the uke.

Please let me know if you're both still interested.

Attachments

• uke_case.jpg
    uke_case.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 47
  • end_side.jpg
    end_side.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 41
  • case.jpg
    case.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 22
Hi BuddhUU thanks for the pictures and the informative post. Any change of a better picture of the bottom of the uke?
Thanks,
Will

Yeh, no probs.

I'm afraid it'll have to be tomorrow though. I don't have the uke or the camera here with me just now.

OK. An end-on pic and a couple of pics of the Fishman ProEQ II preamp that I'm including.

I've given the uke a thorough going over and can find no dings, scratches or damage. As far as I can tell, it looks, feels and sounds to be in fine health. :)

Attachments

• preamp1.jpg
    preamp1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 10
  • endpin.jpg
    endpin.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 17
  • preamp2.jpg
    preamp2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 7
Im definatley still interested at the price quoted!

Thanks everyone for your interest. The 'ukulele is now sold and has gone to a good home. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom