New UU Member...

sheldon

Reaction score
howzit UU people! I'm fairly new to the site, I've been a member for a little bit, just reading through all the threads and trying to pick up as much info as I possible can.

I'm pretty new to playing the uke too (playing on and off for a couple years)... got a handmade curly koa tenor from my parents (made by my uncle) for my 21st birthday. I've just been listening to my local music, trying to find the tabs on Tropical Storm Hawai`i and just learning on my own. like everyone else, I'm still having problems picking up the strumming patterns on some songs, especially Ka`au Crater Boys songs.

anyway, hopefully I'll get to meet with some of the San Diego members and get some tips and advice so I can hopefully play my ukulele to it's full potential!

aloha.

Attachments

• Ukulele_01.jpg
    Ukulele_01.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 31
Welcome to UU! You'll love this site! My playing ability and knowledge have really, really increased since joining this site. There's soooo much community knowledge and the community shares it's knowledge very willingly. Have fun exploring the site and keep jammin' on your uke!
(that's pretty cool that your uke was made by your uncle as a gift from your parents. it's personal on so many levels)

Hey Sheldon,
Welcome to UU. Nice uke you got there. Enjoy yourself around UU. Don't be affraid to ask any questions. Someone most likely will jump out and give you an answer or two. Aloha, Dino

As dey say back in da 808 . . . E Komo Mai!

mahalo guys! i'll try to make um to the kanikapila session on the 23rd. i'll probably bring another friend with me... he just joined UU as well.

Top Bottom