LoPrinzi Model A cherry soprano

Uke Republic

Reaction score
You don't see to many solid cherry wood ukuleles out there so again had to do a little sound sample on You tube. I'm really impressed with these LoPrinzi ukuleles and should have a model B tenor coming in next week. It will have some figuring in the cherry wood.I'll put a vidi up for it as well.:cool: So what does cherry sound like IMO a warmer maple tone. MMMM waffles.
LoPrinzi has created some fantastic guitars and ukuleles.They are made in Clearwater Florida USA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GanR8XcRgc

Very nice! Being a Floridian it would be amazing to own a Uke made in my home state! Any chance you might have a concert you could demo?

Very nice! Being a Floridian it would be amazing to own a Uke made in my home state! Any chance you might have a concert you could demo?

At the moment I don't have one of those in. It takes a few weeks to have them made and it's pretty much a made to order company they don't really stock anything. I will post that tenor though I hope next week.

Sounds and looks absolutely beautiful!

The cherry wood caught my eye on the LoPrinzi website but it looks so much more beautiful on your vid. The sound is all that you said and it also seemed quite loud. I've got a LoPrinzi soprano with a spruce top being made at the moment (MS model). I just can't wait to get my hands on it!

I have a Nova model and it is amazing, they really do great work. I have had 3 Loprinzi's and all of them are put together extremely well, and as stated in the videos their necks are my favorite of any uke I have played.

At the moment I don't have one of those in. It takes a few weeks to have them made and it's pretty much a made to order company they don't really stock anything. I will post that tenor though I hope next week.

Great. I'll keep an eye out for your video.

I got to play that one the other night, and it is a very beautifully constructed instrument. Its a bit outside my price range right now, but for the build quality I was surprised at how low the price was.

Price is something that has always amazed me with Loprinzi, you can have a great tenor for about $600 as apposed to the 800-1000 for the K brands.

I played a solid cherry Loprinzi Tenor, sounded amazing, especially considering the price.

I have a Nova model and it is amazing, they really do great work. I have had 3 Loprinzi's and all of them are put together extremely well, and as stated in the videos their necks are my favorite of any uke I have played.

The neck might have a smaller diameter than a Mele neck. I was impressed with the cherry one that ukerepublic has. If it wasn't for more furlough days I might have ordered me one. They sound amazing and the work is so well done. On par with my Koalohas.

It seems that the price is what is so surprising on them to me as well. They can get up there but the base model is very affordable for the quality.

thanks for the review, I have their Model A in mahogany, they weren't offering cherry at the time. Checking out their website is definitely a drool session.

Ok, now I'm really jealous, my fingerboard stops at 12 frets and is only rosewood. I guess all I had to do was ask???????

Last edited:
Top Bottom