Tell me why I need an Ohana sopranino!

NatalieS

Reaction score
My birthday is coming up in a few months, and of course I want to ask for a uke. The thing is, it's been almost a year since I've added to my collection, and I'm really picky about the ukes that I buy. They all have to offer something that I dont' already find in my existing ukes.

That being said, I can't get the Ohana sopranino out of my mind. I'm starting to think I really want one. But will I feel like I'm cheating on my favorite uke, my koa soprano? Maybe! But maybe it's time to add to the collection.

Can you all convince me of why I need one of these cute little things? If so, I may have to give in and get one! Post your videos, your pics, your protestations of love for the Ohana sopranino! :)

My birthday is coming up in a few months, and of course I want to ask for a uke. The thing is, it's been almost a year since I've added to my collection, and I'm really picky about the ukes that I buy. They all have to offer something that I dont' already find in my existing ukes.

That being said, I can't get the Ohana sopranino out of my mind. I'm starting to think I really want one. But will I feel like I'm cheating on my favorite uke, my koa soprano? Maybe! But maybe it's time to add to the collection.

Can you all convince me of why I need one of these cute little things? If so, I may have to give in and get one! Post your videos, your pics, your protestations of love for the Ohana sopranino! :)

Natalie, Remember that you once owned a Tangi mannini right? If so there isn't a whole lot of difference between the two. Just trying to convince you that something else might be better. If not, I do know that the sopranino now has a hard case.

Well, if it helps, here's why I'd replace mine INSTANTLY if lost:

Because of all the woods I own, I reach for it most because it's so darn fun to play? Because it's simple, and beautiful, and problem free? Because it's cheap? Because tuned in D, it rocks? Because I got to name it Tiny Tim? Because I use it as my avatar?

Cmon, you DESERVE THIS UKE. Happy Birthday.

Because you really want one.

I looooove my ohana sopranino!

Its a different size to fool around with, sound great in D or C tuning (I have mine in D tuning with Worth Clear Lights now), all solid mahogany, and UkeRepublic has hard cases for them now too!

Overall, its a really well built instrument that has held up to some extreme places (took it to europe on a backpacking trip 2 years ago, and I know UKIsociety took his to Siberia a couple times with no problems).

It's also a pretty dang good bang for the buck. It's a surprisingly nicely built instrument for that kind of money. I love my koa ukes, but this gets a fair amount of play time for being just extra fun to play.

And nobody's mentioned it thus far, but it's really incredibly and remarkably loud. Like on par with my Koaloha concerts loud.

I also guarantee that if you take it to any gathering, you and it will be noticed.
Plus it's best tuned up a step so it can make some songs easier to play and/or sing.

It's not going to replace your Lk, but it's a sweet thing to have available to play when you need to jumble up your regular routine with something a little different..

Because it comes with a lifetime guarantee of awesome!

I just got mine a couple weeks ago, and my raditude just escalated a million points. It's loud, it's sweet, it's pretty, it's neat, and doggone it, I love it like it's my baby!

You need this sopranino like a martini needs an olive.

Haha I've loved reading all your responses! I do agree with everything you all have said-- it's very cute , portable, simple, sweet. I've just never seen or played one before! I'm really convinced this needs to be my next uke :)

Itty bitty 'ukuleles can be fun, and they are so adorable. I have a Tangi Gecko and she is a cutey and like a puppy or a kitten a real chick magnet not that neither you nor I want or need one (chick magnet that is).

Top Bottom