Win $50 and a free CD of ukulele music!

Ukulele Jim

Reaction score
Jim, I love your songs, is there anywhere I can find the chords and tabs to your original songs? (I'll work on the slogan) Thanks Lance

Jim, I love your songs, is there anywhere I can find the chords and tabs to your original songs? (I'll work on the slogan) Thanks Lance

I'm putting together a little songbook of my stuff, actually. I'll release it along with my second album later this summer. In the meantime, if there's a particular song you'd like to learn how to play, just ask!

I would love to learn how to play, "Hold on to me". I really like the live version you do of it on youtube. Thanks, Lance

Oh, and also the Valentines Day song, that way I'll have a whole year to practice. Thanks

I would love to learn how to play, "Hold on to me". I really like the live version you do of it on youtube. Thanks, Lance

The complete lyrics are in the album's liner notes. It's strummed as a standard waltz. As for chords, I assume you'll be playing standard ukulele tuning of GCEA. On the album, I play a baritone which is tuned differently, so I use different chords in a different key. But when I play it live in standard uke tuning (like in the video), I play in the key of F and the chords in the verses go like this:

I [F]know life ain't easy and I [Bb]know love is [F]hard
There's always somebody tryin' to [C]tear us apart
But [F]if you are steadfast and [Bb]patient and true
I [F]probably [C]might stay with [F]you [C7]

The chords in the chorus are exactly the same [F Bb C C7] played in
the same order as the verses.

The bridge goes:

[Bb]I know I'm not a [F]good man [A7]but I'm doin' the [Dm]best that I can
[Bb]I know that I [F]don't treat you right, but if you [A7]want me to change
Maybe [C]someday I might [C7]

Watching the video should give you an idea of how the chord changes go in this key. (It's not the best performance, but I'd only written it the day before and was trying not to forget how it went!)

Someday I'll write the tabs properly, but hopefully this is good enough for you to start with. If you record it, please send me a link! :)

Last edited:
Wow, thanks Jim, I thought the performance was great, I will have to take my son (he plays too) and come watch you live sometime. Thanks for the chords, I will have fun this week trying to learn it. thanks again, lance

O.K. Jim, I have listened to everything i could find of yours online and finally came up with an original pitch that captures your essence, and here it is:

A pinch of Rock, a smidgen of Blues, a drop of Country and a whole bucket of Folk.

Thought I would give it another try, want to win that CD, here it goes:

Ukulele Jim,
Like A Vacation from the Hum Drum,
A Break from the Ordinary,
A Holiday from Reality

hope you like it, if not, after playing some of your music for my wife she came up with:

Ukulele Jim,
Band Camp all Grown Up

Top Bottom