Ukulele setup? Necessary?

Andruke

Reaction score
How necessary is ukulele setup? I have a uke that buzzes on the open A string, and a number of frets on the G, C, and E strings. I also plan on changing the strings from Aquila to Worth browns before I do anything else. But if changing the strings doesn't help, would getting this uke setup fix the problem? I called a local guitar/string shop here in the Bay Area and they said it would cost $75 to get the uke setup. Is it me or does that seem extremely high? Does anyone from the Bay Area know a reliable quality place that does setups for less than $75?

Thanks in advance!

Try posting in the UKE TECH SUPPORT forum. You may find that it is something that you can fix yourself. When my instruments start to buzz which normally happens in Minnesota in the winter, I stick a Dampit in the sound hole and leave it overnight or two nights in the case. A dampit is a little rubbery, snakey humidifier that you fill with water.

This ususally takes care of my buzzing but your problem might be different.

Thanks for the tip Doug. I already have a humitron humidfier which sounds alot like the damit hudifier so it might be a different problem.

Mods please close thread. I'm going to post on UKE TECH SUPPORT. Sorry, Noob here... :confused:

Thanks!

Top Bottom