Stewart Mac Tenor Kit

Jerkey

Reaction score
I'm having a luthier friend build me this kit. Should be done in a few weeks. I need to get a case and a couple good sets of strings for it. I'm a guitar player who is new to ukuleles. So I need some suggestions on a case and strings. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks,

Mike

I really like the D'addario Pro Arte strings on my mohogany concert (and they are available here in the UU store), but everyone has their own favorites.The string sampler that MGM sells are a great way to try several different types at a resonable cost. As for cases the only ones I have are the foam/canvas type like the "Uke Crazy" brand and am quite happy with them. Congrats on your new uke, I think about trying one of those kits fairly often. Let us know how it turns out.

That's awesome! I can't wait to see it. After trying out a ton of strings, Worth Clear mediums are my strings of choice.

Cool.

I've done StewMac kits in the past. Great fun.

Are you working with yer man, or is he doing the full build for you?

Another fan or Worth strings here.

Cool.

I've done StewMac kits in the past. Great fun.

Are you working with yer man, or is he doing the full build for you?

Another fan or Worth strings here.

No he is doing the full build. I'll leave it to the pro in this case. He is adding some bling to it like a Mr. Cool pineapple for the headstock and I had him replace the stock rossette with another. How are the Aquila strings? I was going to get a set of Aquila high G strings for it but will definatley be checking out the Worth strings

No he is doing the full build. I'll leave it to the pro in this case. He is adding some bling to it like a Mr. Cool pineapple for the headstock and I had him replace the stock rossette with another. How are the Aquila strings? I was going to get a set of Aquila high G strings for it but will definatley be checking out the Worth strings
I really like the Aquila's on my laminate uke's but they seem a bit harsh on my solid mohogany ("your results may vary"). I have a set of the Worths and some Koolau Golds for it but haven't tried them on yet.

Ok went to Elderly Instruments website to check out some Worth Strings. They make a few different types of strings for the Tenor Ukulele. Which type will be best suited for my uke.
WORTH BT TENOR UKE SET
WORTH CH HEAVY UKE SET &
WORTH CT TENOR UKE SET

Thanks,
Mike

Hey Mike,

Aquila are also great strings. When I'm not using Worth, I use Aquila.

In fact, as Aquila come in single sets and Worth come in doubles, it might make more sense to try Aquilas first: then if you aren't keen you won't be stuck with a spare set you don't want. :)

Top Bottom