Koaloha Dreamin

Melissa82

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Tonight, I was able to play a tenor sceptre and long neck soprano that haolejohn brought over with his wife when visiting Savannah today. The sceptre has been my dream uke... now I want it even more! The koalaha's were like butter in my hands. Such beautiful instruments. I guess I'll keep dreaming for a while.

That is all, carry on, lol.

Tonight, I was able to play a tenor sceptre and long neck soprano that haolejohn brought over with his wife when visiting Savannah today. The sceptre has been my dream uke... now I want it even more! The koalaha's were like butter in my hands. Such beautiful instruments. I guess I'll keep dreaming for a while.

Sweet Dreams, Birthday Girl!

What a coincidence, I was just playing the same two instruments today at home! (Was trying to pick out which KoAloha to bring to the Ukulele Picnic tomorrow)

And I had the exact same thoughts. Buttery smooth.

And I can tell you that my KoAloha SuperSoprano sounds AWESOME. I had forgotten how good it sounded since I hadn't played it in a while (then again, with work and school, I barely see my ukes anymore...averaged 5 hrs of sleep per night this week, boo). And boy, doe KoAloha build a mean soprano. I'm more familiar with the sceptre, since that is one of my go-to-ukes now, so the tone on that wasn't too suprising.

And now, I'm going to sleep early...maybe to have some KoAloha dreams of my own.

Ohhh, I'm so jealous! I really love the size of the sceptre. The soprano was awesome but I still prefer tenor or concert.

I'm dreaming of a KoAloha soprano. I love my Sceptre, but the soprano sound is my favorite. Maybe one day...

Ha Ha Melissa - Haolejohn is a very subtle pusher of those Koalohas. He just lets them sit there in the case awaiting a careless glance, or quietly plunks one. The first thing you know, you have one in your hands and it begins to work on you. After the first few SEUkers meetings I found that the best antidote is to just not look at them and especially don't touch them, lest they cast their spell on you. Try to occupy your mind with lesser ukes not made from Koa if you can. I wonder if they make Koa patches, similar to nicotine patches for smokers?

Last edited:
Belated Happy Birthday, Melissa!

Monday received a soprano KoAloha from MGM. Didn't know quite what to expect and wasn't sure I would like at as well as my concert. Absolutely love it. Haven't been able to put it down.

This one is just as beautiful as my concert and equals it in playability.

MGM's service was great as usual.

Monday received a soprano KoAloha from MGM. Didn't know quite what to expect and wasn't sure I would like at as well as my concert. Absolutely love it. Haven't been able to put it down.

How about some pics?

I have the pics MGM e-mailed be. I was able to choose between two different sopranos. Would be happy to e-mail pics to anyone who would like to see them.

How are you going to talk about your new uke and not post pictures? You're lucky that Melissa doesn't ban you.

Thanks you seeso, I've e-mailed them to Melissa. She's offered to post them. Not going to ban me this time Haolejohn. :)

You are lucky...so lucky...The new format makes it difficult to post pictures I have discovered., It usually takes me a few times to do it. I'm excited to see what you got. I absolutely love my wife's super soprano. It might be my best sounding uke.

Top Bottom