Want of the day

pdxuke

Reaction score
Okay, we ought to be able to have fun with this, and probably keep this going until the mods are sick of it.

MY WANT OF THE DAY:

KIWAYA KTS4

I have an ongoing want - a custom, built to my specs of all-Oregon woods...I know the luthier I would want to do it, too. Oh, yeah - a Moore Bettah NSB would be fantastic, too.

As for a want of the day? I have it...Kanile'a K-1 Soprano. It is my dream uke (as opposed to the fantasy ukes above), and I love it... (It's little step-brother the Lanikai LK-1s is a close second...)

A Moore Bettah custom made with some great West Australian native wildflower decoration and most importantly the opportunity of getting to the Islands to pick it up myself.

Hm. Well, considering I've bought two ukes in the last month, I think I should be want free... But we know that's unrealistic! My want of the day is a Ohana TK-75CG. Looks and sounds lovely.

A soprano! I love my sceptre, but I would love to own a good soprano. I had the money, but bought an amazing, far too expensive, suit instead... I'd want her to be a K brand for sure.

Although, those little Kiwaya Martin copies are sweet sopranos, too.

I want to find a soprano with rope style binding and a classic soprano strumming sound. An experience, anyone, with the Mainlands or Cordobas?

Orange Burst Makala Dolphin.

lOxhX.jpg

Oh man, if I could find one, a palm/pistachio concert Flea.

Yesterday, I got this urge to buy a baritone uke, but I tuned my tenor to DGBE and now I feel better. Crisis averted!

I want to find a soprano with rope style binding and a classic soprano strumming sound. An experience, anyone, with the Mainlands or Cordobas?

You cannot go wrong with a Mainland and there are many to choose from. I have a mainland mahogany pineapple and it's a great instrument. Lovely to look at, plays well and sounds good. No personal experience with Cordobas, but I know someone who has a concert model that he uses as his workhorse. It sounds and plays well. I have read that there are quality control issues with them, so maybe he was lucky to find a good one.
Regards,
Ray

My Current Want of the Day!

Not that I need another ukulele mind you, but either a tenor or concert cigar box ukulele from Papa's Boxes, just because! I've been looking at them since December. I'll most likely just get it already assembled. If it were summer I would consider buying the kit and put it together myself. The kit would allow me the options of selecting a different box and the ability to customize it. I'm logging off now to go play a few of mine.
Regards,
Ray
http://papasboxes.bigcartel.com/

Oh man, if I could find one, a palm/pistachio concert Flea.

Yesterday, I got this urge to buy a baritone uke, but I tuned my tenor to DGBE and now I feel better. Crisis averted!

Found one online for you, and I've ordered from this place before. PMed you the link!

A version of this Waverly Street concert that was shown and sold in the Marketplace yesterday, but with cut-out and headstock set for left-handed (though still strung right-handed).
tn_130-01.jpg

Stagg electric uke with roland microcube.

I want a Fluke. That's all, I have fairly simple wants.

...I'm just too darn poor to order one right now. Blah.

Realistically, a Fluke. Either tiki mug, surf, kente, or batik. Plastic fretboard and stock tuners are fine. Don't even care what size.

Pineapple Concert Eleuke. This been the want of the day for some time now.

If we're talking "want of the day" and not fantasy uke, I actually think I'd like a cheap $40-$50 Makala soprano, probably not a dolphin.

My only soprano is a Mahalo, and the intonation is pretty bad. So, I'd like an inexpensive but playable uke so I can decide if I want my next "major" uke to be another concert or a soprano.

I don't think I'm up for a tenor at the moment.

Want of the day? For those strings that I should have ordered a week ago to get here already...procrastination stinks! :wallbash:

~Michael

I want to keep the Ohana CK-65D that I am selling, but I made my husband a deal. 10% of what I make from my Ukes can go toward my next Uke. He never said if it was from the actual sell price or from the profit ;). But still, either way... it will take awhile. But this sucker is not only weird looking in the coolest way imagineable... but it is nice and loud with a great tone!!! (I love me a loud Uke). When I ordered it I thought, "Well, I don't like it, but maybe someone else will want to buy it". But I opened the box and it looks so much better in person... then... I played it... and now I am smitten.
Ohana65D.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom