Help our Buddy Aldrine

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Hey guys, Aldrine is having a rough time right now with a lot of things. We need all your help to convince him that his dream is not a waste of time. Tell him what a waste it would be if the whole world never saw him perform. Tell him that you didn't sign up for any ukulele forum, you signed up UU because of him.

I set up a voicemail thing where you all can leave your words of encouragement. I'll make sure Aldrine gets them. This is a U.S. domestic long distance call though, so make sure that you call with your cellphone or something.

Permanent number

1(641)715-0101
Code: *5820205

even though i havent met Aldrine, i feel like hes a real cousin to me.

plus....HOW ELSE WILL THE WORLD BE DOMINATED IF ALDRINE GUERRERO DOESNT MAKE EVERYONE FEAR HIM!!!!!??? hehe

Hey Aldrine,
Your heart, emotion, feelings, good times is in your music...Do what is right for you but remember what got you to this point. we all have dark clouds over our lives at different times but the trade winds come along and the sun is always shining. let that sun shine bruddah...;)

Hey Aldrine,
Aloha from Lexington, KY. I've been playing guitar professionally my whole life. I now also play the ukulele in part because of you and have been inspired by your online lessons and video's. Been working on Bandito Tyler for a while now. The right hand middle breakdown is very difficult to master. That song is part of my daily warm-up routine on the uke.
I have been playing professionally for over 40 years. Still play 3 nights a week. Never made it "big" but I have managed to make a decent living playing music and in the process share my music with countless friends along the way.
Throughout my career I have thought about quitting music altogether, specially on those nights when there are only a couple friends in the club and the only other patrons there are a few drunks at the bar who would rather just watch some football than listen to my playing. On those nights I remind myself that what I'm doing is still valid and dig deeper into the song at hand. I joke with my jamming buddies when they don't want to sit in on those nights. I put them on the spot and say "Do it for the love, dude!" That is to say, do it because you love the music and the instrument, not because you’re getting paid, or because nobody’s listening, or because at that moment the "dream" of making it seems light years away or even dead.
Aldrine, I believe you have exceptional talent on the uke. I've seen Jake, he is unbelievable of course and out of everyone’s league, but we are not all meant to be the next "Hendrix" of our instrument. You are a great player now and will only get better as you continue to play and learn. If fame is fleeting then so be it. You can still be happy playing your whole life simply for the love of your instrument and the people you help along the way by doing so. Keep the practice up, keep the lessons coming, and don't stop the videos dude!
Hang in there kid, and I'll see ya in the clubs! Mahalo dude! E-Lo

Attachments

• IMG_1489.jpg
    IMG_1489.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1496.jpg
    IMG_1496.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1497.jpg
    IMG_1497.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2334.jpg
    IMG_2334.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1
I'm not going to write anything long, but I wouldn't waste a God given talent like such. You've been blessed with this skill and I wouldn't understand why you'd just stop.

You should feel blessed to be doing what you're doing, remember that not everybody is given these sort of things. People look up to you, and though that's stressful, not very many people get to live that.

Hey Aldrine, I feel you bro. I had a similar experience in the past. I hope you don't give it up bro. Like everyone said, you have the talent, and you've inspired many people around the world with your music. We all believe in you my friend.

This is just one of the challenges in life, but you can get through this. It's not easy at times, but you have friends like us that will help you along the way. Be proud of who you are my brother. You are already somebody, and it's evident by all of us who support you.

Hey Aldrine you can not stop playing like i said in the introduce your self part
of ukulele underground i said that you were the one that made me start playing the ukulele seriously because wen i listin to u play your ukulele and listin to you sing its like seeing and hearing jesus.. i know that this sounds gay but love you as a friend that i have never met, like a long lost brother that i never did see and then reunited with...your my idol and if you stopped playing then me and like a million people would not have the inspiration to play...so plz dont stop

Aldrine, you can't give up being a musician. You've inspired me and a whole lot of other people. If it weren't for you, I seriously wouldn't be who I am today. Your the reason I picked up a uke, eversince I've seen one of your videos, and the same goes for guitar. You can't say this is the end, not while life still goes on. Money doesn't matter as much as music. I had a similar situation to this and someone told me," You can't give up. Will someone remember you for being some straight A student or as a musician? When you die, your grades can't share the emotion you have, but your music, it lives on with your voice, your heart, and you."

Aldrine, you can't quit because you're the one that made me go back to the uke. I always looked up to you as an inspiration because when I first saw your videos I couldn't stop watching I had to watch it over and over again. Then my friends saw your videos and thought you're cool, he actually said you're dope to the maxxx hahah because they posted a bulletin on myspace hahah. You also have a lot of talent and you're putting that to waste all that hard work and experience you had in the years. I learned a lot from you from the videos. please just give it time, take a break, just don't give up just yet. hopefully things will work out.

Last edited:
Aldrine you can't quit playing man alot of musicians look up to you. you and jake are the reasons why i started playing the uke. you are truely a gifted person and you shoulden't give up on your dream. I didnt sign up for iamhawaii.com and ukuleleunderground.com for nothing.

Aldrine!

Do NOT QUIT! heck, if i didn't find this site i'd have to look at all those fat old BORING guys (and gals) in the Midwest who certainly don't inspire a person like me! you have true soul and true gifts....keep it goin' man! we'll all HELP YOU!

I hope this isn't too late, it seems like your mind is already made up. But I need to give you my 2 cents too. Sorry if it goes too long.

Aldrine, I see you and all the others here like an ukulele. I believe we all play this instrument, because we want to show others, how beautiful this instrument is. A diamond in the rough. There is so much more to this instrument than others can fathom. We've all been through it when we've watched some of your's and other's videos. How many times did we have to stop ourselves and rewind only to still not believe the beauty that comes from this instrument. Bro, there's so much more to you than just being a musician. If that girl's family or her don't see it, then that's their bad. You're actually lucky, you didn't get deeper into the relationship than you had. I mean, it seems, if it isn't one thing then it's another. It's obvious money and status is how they judge people. I as well as other's believe we should judge the character of the person, not the job/material posessions they have. You should separate yourself from that negativity.

Don't quit your passion for spite, because you'll only regret it in the end.

If you feel deep down inside, that you need to go to school, get a degree, by all means do that. This will only bring you more options in the future. But there is no reason for you to shut down who you are, what you enjoy. The best study break is probably bringing out your uke to relax a bit.

I know it hurts, it's going to take awhile. I've been through it, other's have been through it, but you'll get through it.

I'll leave you with this, I don't want to be rude, but, Aldrine, Man the F#$% Up!!! Be happy with who you are, and what you've accomplished. Count all the blessings that you have right now. These bad cards that you think you've been dealt are so miniscule to what others are going through. You obviously have a great family that has nurtured you and your talent. A bunch of great friends, and a following of online members that look up to you, and hope you can find your way through this problem. I hope you make the decision that's best for you.

Well said bro...I was thinking the same thing. I really hope Aldrine reconsiders because he might regret it one of these days, but in the end, it's still his decision.

I hope this isn't too late, it seems like your mind is already made up. But I need to give you my 2 cents too. Sorry if it goes too long.

Aldrine, I see you and all the others here like an ukulele. I believe we all play this instrument, because we want to show others, how beautiful this instrument is. A diamond in the rough. There is so much more to this instrument than others can fathom. We've all been through it when we've watched some of your's and other's videos. How many times did we have to stop ourselves and rewind only to still not believe the beauty that comes from this instrument. Bro, there's so much more to you than just being a musician. If that girl's family or her don't see it, then that's their bad. You're actually lucky, you didn't get deeper into the relationship than you had. I mean, it seems, if it isn't one thing then it's another. It's obvious money and status is how they judge people. I as well as other's believe we should judge the character of the person, not the job/material posessions they have. You should separate yourself from that negativity.

Don't quit your passion for spite, because you'll only regret it in the end.

If you feel deep down inside, that you need to go to school, get a degree, by all means do that. This will only bring you more options in the future. But there is no reason for you to shut down who you are, what you enjoy. The best study break is probably bringing out your uke to relax a bit.

I know it hurts, it's going to take awhile. I've been through it, other's have been through it, but you'll get through it.

I'll leave you with this, I don't want to be rude, but, Aldrine, Man the F#$% Up!!! Be happy with who you are, and what you've accomplished. Count all the blessings that you have right now. These bad cards that you think you've been dealt are so miniscule to what others are going through. You obviously have a great family that has nurtured you and your talent. A bunch of great friends, and a following of online members that look up to you, and hope you can find your way through this problem. I hope you make the decision that's best for you.

Hey Aldrine

Hey Aldrine. Luckily I stumbled across your lessons and performances on youtube.com. I have seen a lot of great uke talent on youtube etc. Besides Jake's performances, yours were the only ones where I yelled to my girlfriend in the other room "Hey come check this out." I wanted to show her how talented you were. She agrees of course. Not only are you a great uke talent, but you also have a very pure/great voice at the same time. I will be very bummed if you all don't continue with this site and what you are doing in regards to promoting the uke. As a fairly new uke player myself, I need a comfortable place to go to in order to find tips etc. Please move forward with this great concept. I think you guys are on to something here..

a few inspirational quotes.

baby don't worry bout a thing. everything gonna be. gonna be alright.
-bob marley

with great power. comes great responsibility.
-uncle ben

to lighten the mood.

did ichigo give up when he was down on his luck and when they took rukia away?

everything i learned about the ukulele i learned from you. your lessons inspired me to go on and improve my playing.
losing you, the ukuleleworld would be a darker and way less happy place

a man you got a grate amount of skill and natural musical talent. When i first found your videos i just thought they where the coolst :eek:then when you started doing the lesons on iamhawaii i was checkin like every other day wating for the next vid then when i heard about the UU i thought it was so cool being from the mainland, there arent that many ukulele players that i could get in touch with so this was another grate way to meet other players besides the few i alredy know.

I encourge you not to give up on your drems and not to give up on music ither. There are so many things that you can do with it. If music is your true passion you should go for it just cause theres some trouble now, dont mean its not guna get better.The site wont be the same without you and the entier ukulele community will lose out.

:Kawika27

"!!!!!!! Ikaika Ma Mele !!!!!!!"

Man Aldrine, people out here in Cali, listen to you and all over the world...WTF man, we wouldn't have join and get the inspiration to play ukulele if it was not from you. Dont stop in whatever you are trying to pursue. We only have one life to live and God has blessed you with this talent to play. s** if I was in your place , Ill be jammin it and representing, cuz I know im Tight. But im not as good as you and you are good, soo dont stop....if youy do ill stop this form...juss messin...but yeah man we got a lot of pees on here diggin your style..peace.

dooon't stop... belieeeeevin'...

hold on to that feeeelin'

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom