UU Mini Jams...cool

Craig Robertson

Reaction score
I tuned in to the mini jam site last night and was really and pleasantly surprised by the level of musicianship (and politeness) by all involved. This is a great idea.

I heard some great originals; Seeso's "whiskey" song, Zoe Janzen's "Scorpion Queen", Lisa's new "vampire boyfriend" song. and many more.

I'm impressed. Tune in to the next one, it's a good way to ease into performing.

It was an unexpected pleasure having you tune in, Craig. Thanks for coming and thanks for playing. Great stuff you've got there, sir.

loved it, Seeso. Make sure you let me know when the next one is. I need to organize a better mic set up... (and don't call me "sir", that much politeness makes me feel...old(er))

(edit) Coleman; I'd like to get on and play. It's something that is in the works, I just had a meeting with my friend who does videography...I do like listening to everyone play though. It's like a small, friendly open mic.

Last edited:
Wow. I have to learn how to tune into these things. I think my mic has a mute button to spare everyone. I am slowly working my way through Dominator's tab of Craig's Staten Island Slide. Maybe in another month or two, my rendition will sound like something worth playing in public.

it's pretty easy to tune in. just go to http://uuminijams.blogspot.com
we're on just about every night, but there's a sticky'd thread in the general topics forum that you can post in to let everyone know you're starting one up. The software itself allows us to mute our mics for general order. It's a pretty awesome system that one of our members, UkuleleHill, set up for us. Everyone should check it out, it's an incredibly friendly place that's helped me gain a lot of confidence in playing in front of other people.

When you go in to the minijam site, there should be instructions on how to sign up to receive email, facebook, or twitter updates so you always know when we are on. It is a great time filled with supportive people. It has been so great to be able to see how far some people have come since their first time jamming. There is a jam going on pretty much every night. But Saturdays are typically the slowest night of the week. Sign up for the updates and come join us.

yea the jams stated with just 4 of us and were still kickin strong and its better than ever ! not much lag now and if there is its only like 5 seconds at the most .. but most nights theres very little lag.. i would like to give andy (ukulelehill) big ups for makin blogspot nice and purrdy and very usable too ! at the bottom of the page there are chords to the left are member videos ... theres lots of great info and fun on the page ! and andy keeps us a smooth sailin ship ! the mini jams have personally givin me lots of confidence ! ive pretty much been playing on then since 2 weeks after i started uke and im goin on 7 months ot 8 months now

I've lurked at a few and they're a lot of fun. Unfortunately, my webcam really sucks and I wasn't able to figure out how to get an external mic to work with it and then hubby took the mic back for WoW anyway. I always feel guilty taking up a slot that would otherwise be available for someone who could actually participate. :(

I've lurked at a few and they're a lot of fun. Unfortunately, my webcam really sucks and I wasn't able to figure out how to get an external mic to work with it and then hubby took the mic back for WoW anyway. I always feel guilty taking up a slot that would otherwise be available for someone who could actually participate. :(

don't worry about that, the client supports 20 people i think. I've only ever seen that many there once or twice, it's usually a lot less crowded.

I also use an external mic, and I figured out if I load the client and then plug the mic in, it won't work, but if i plug the mic in, then load the website, it works fine. maybe that will help

It's always cool to hang out at the jams. If you are one of the ones that haven't. Check it out! Nothing but a great time and you just never know whats going to happen next.

This sounds really fun! I'm not sure I'd be able to lead anything, but clunking around with the group and seeing what ya'll look like sounds like a blast! I'll try to tune in next time. Is it fine to just use the onboard mic on my computer?

This sounds really fun! I'm not sure I'd be able to lead anything, but clunking around with the group and seeing what ya'll look like sounds like a blast! I'll try to tune in next time. Is it fine to just use the onboard mic on my computer?

your mic would work fine. We generally don't play as a group due to lag timing issues, we just take turns playing songs

Cool. Do you need to register on the site? It looks like when I open it up it automatically tries to read my webcam.

Cool. Do you need to register on the site? It looks like when I open it up it automatically tries to read my webcam.

No registration is needed. It should automatically try to access your webcam, that's normal.

don't worry about that, the client supports 20 people i think. I've only ever seen that many there once or twice, it's usually a lot less crowded.
Cool, maybe I'll lurk more often and if it fills up I'll bow out so someone else can join in.

I know the jams have changed hosts/software a few times and I know I've accessed it from IE in the past. But in the current format, tokbox does not load for me in IE8, but it works in FF3. I'm running WinXP and have Flash 10.x and my PC otherwise meets all the requirements stated on tokbox's site. Anyone have a clue why it doesn't work in IE8 for me?

Yea, they're a good time. Crack open a beer and come hang out... :nana::music:

Top Bottom