Newbie!!!

xvdragonx

Reaction score
hey guys im new to the site and new to the uke and was wondering what i should do to start playing i mean like to get started....i know very little about playing music of any sort haha...but i love how the uke sounds...tips? songs i should start out? yeah lmk please im excited but dont know where to start

-Brian

hey guys im new to the site and new to the uke and was wondering what i should do to start playing i mean like to get started....i know very little about playing music of any sort haha...but i love how the uke sounds...tips? songs i should start out? yeah lmk please im excited but dont know where to start

-Brian

Do you currently have an 'ukulele? If so, do you like it? What kind is it?

Go through the video lessons here on the site.

Go to doctoruke.com. His site is great for beginners.

Visit ukulelehunt.com every day. Great stuff.

Come here and ask your questions.

Find some songs you want to play, and google the chords and try them out.

i got a kala tenor mahogony, i like it...and thanx for the links seeso

I started with a really easy song like "White Sandy Beaches" (there is a lesson on youtube for it) and practiced the strumming pattern and seperately I practiced playing the different chords in order, then I put them together and voila, I could play a classic. I still spend a lot of time just strumming a simple pattern (e.g. d,d,u,u,d) and practicing changing chords. Start by learning the easy ones like A C D G F and you will see a whole bunch of songs open up. Thats about where I am, and now I'm working on more complicated songs and learning some basic theory.

Hope this helps some.

-Brian

start play your favorite song as musical interpretation. Look on song topics and try.
learn some acords and pracitice, practice, practice :D:music:

thanx for all the tips! i really gotta practice all the chords i guess hahaha especially when finals are over!!!!oh and another question....is the oscar shimdt OU5 koa concert any good? i wanna go to a concert cause the frets are closer together and "maybe" a little easier to play? what doyou guys think?

for local music here in the islands of hawaii, you can check out the "Local Jams" section of TropicalStormHawaii. They tend to have lots of chords to a lot of the songs around here.

and if you feel like learning tabs, you can't forget about Dominator's Tabs. He arranges a wide variety of songs. I basically got comfortable picking by learning and playing from his tabs. It may take awhile at first but give it a shot when you feel like you're progressing well.

Top Bottom