Whic would you rather?

• New KoAloha Sceptre

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Vintage Martin Style 0 (1960s)

Votes: 31 46.3%

• Total voters

Tigeralum2001

Reaction score
To steal a feature from TMZ, I thought it might be fun to have a poll.

Only because I already own a sceptre. Now if that was a PS or a koaloha tenor then my vote would be for the koaloha.

The ebony Sceptre has stunningly pretty wood -- but the Sceptre design doesn't do it for me. Not because it's "different", I have no problem with different. And I'm sure it's a great instrument. It just doesn't appeal to me visually.

The ebony Sceptre has stunningly pretty wood -- but the Sceptre design doesn't do it for me. Not because it's "different", I have no problem with different. And I'm sure it's a great instrument. It just doesn't appeal to me visually.
To each his or her own! I like all types of ukes- traditional and unconventional designs, vintage and new, no inlays and fancy inlays. I'm just glad we have luthiers that both produce traditional styles and luthiers that push the boundaries of what is possible.

This is very interesting as these are two of the top ukes on my list. I love my Sceptre!! And I would love to love a Martin Style-O (two are for sale on UMGF right now). Both sounds are so amazing and different. Can I vote for both?

If i could only own one though, it would definitely be the Sceptre that Papa KoAloha just made for me! :D

To each his or her own! I like all types of ukes- traditional and unconventional designs, vintage and new, no inlays and fancy inlays. I'm just glad we have luthiers that both produce traditional styles and luthiers that push the boundaries of what is possible.

:agree:

I would pick the KoAloha Sceptre, but then I'm kind of a KoAloha addict.

I said the Sceptre...but that's only bc I already have a 60's Style 0 :D

im with you on this one too...martin for me

I just can't like the Sceptre, too angular and pointy, the anti-pineapple!

Martin. I want the plunk.

I've never played a Sceptre, so I won't offer an opinion. I will say this, however:
I must be getting old if a 60's Martin is considered "vintage"...::eek:ld:
Well, cars ARE "classic" at 20 years. I recently read that instruments were considered "vintage" at 30 years. Humans, however, have a different scale based on mental & physical capacity! :)

I'm going with the Sceptre. I find I'm becoming more of a KoAloha fangirl every day...

I'm going with the Sceptre. I find I'm becoming more of a KoAloha fangirl every day...

WOW!! Thats something I thought I'd never here from you Oh Wicked One. LOL

Have a Happy Valentines Day Staci

Jack

Last edited:
Well, cars ARE "classic" at 20 years. I recently read that instruments were considered "vintage" at 30 years. Humans, however, have a different scale based on mental & physical capacity! :)
Yeah, I've heard that before, but every now and then I get reminded of my ever expanding geezerdom like this. My driver's license says 52, but my mind has the numbers reversed!

I just can't like the Sceptre, too angular and pointy, the anti-pineapple!
I've got to agree with the "too angular and pointy", but voted for the Koaloha anyway since I really want to try one. I wasn't overly impressed by the couple of Martins I've been able to try.

Top Bottom