The new Ebony Sceptre - Nice!

It is stunning!

i really do not like it one bit, i think it looks rather "not right" like its been slapped together with bits and pieces around the house, but everyone has different taste but $4000 price tag also, wow, i would of thought it was a more budget sceptre one everyone can afford thats alot for a uke

I seen one for sale a while back and I believe it was $3500. I'd like to have one with a one piece koa top and neck..................someday

Oh baby...ain't she purty!!!! She can stay at my house any time!!!!

What makes it so expensive I think is the ebony. Isn't ebony more rare than koa?

i really dont care for the shape its just somehting about it.
to me it seems (going of sight i have yet to play) that its is 100% style and 0% function with the shape of the body

Ebony is very hard and heavy. It's probably loud. A bit too Aquaman for my taste though.

to me it seems (going of sight i have yet to play) that its is 100% style and 0% function with the shape of the body

owww this ones gonna offend the fellow sceptre owners lol, nah mate, the shape is unique and these ukes the sceptres are 100% style 150% function, listen to one on youtube, there like no other

owww this ones gonna offend the fellow sceptre owners lol, nah mate, the shape is unique and these ukes the sceptres are 100% style 150% function, listen to one on youtube, there like no other

lol i know they sound lovely maybe i mis-spoke i know they sound like a dream. im ment the way the feel resting on your stomach/lap.

lol i know they sound lovely maybe i mis-spoke i know they sound like a dream. im ment the way the feel resting on your stomach/lap.

They are easier to hold than a standard shape 'ukulele. IMO

What makes it so expensive I think is the ebony. Isn't ebony more rare than koa?

YES!!! Ebony is very rare and can be difficult to legally obtain in high quantity. One could ask Gibson about this and the Federal investigation they had... I read an article about it but am not up-to-date on if it was legally obtained (from Africa) or not.

I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to have one of these ebony Sceptres. I thought the drooling over the Sceptre I have was bad. I can't stop!

That my friend is why you must play one. It sounds better than it looks and believe it or not it is actually my most comfortable uke to play.

I have to agree with my fellow Sceptre owners. My Sceptre, although she's my only one right now, is the most comfortable ukulele to hold and rest on my leg. Of course, I'm a soprano player at heart, but there is just something about the Sceptre that wins me over every time I pick her up.

Top Bottom