Just purchased first uke!

Projectbronco

Reaction score
I'm totally stoked. I just won an auction for a Lehua Classic Tenor. I'm hoping it will arrive sometime this coming week. I originally was going after a Kala KA-Tem-e3, but after talking to a few people, I decided the best thing to do was to pursue a solid uke.
I now know what you all feel like when you mention how you have to wait for your ukulele to arrive. Though, I spent about a month shopping, I feel I can wait a few more days.

The only thing I need now is a case or a substantial gig bag. I am looking at a few on e-bay, but if anyone has an affordable (i.e. cheap) recommendation I'd be willing to listen.

Thanks everyone for making this forum so much fun, I am looking forward to the adventure of learning and playing. After all, this should be fun, correct?

I've heard really good things about the Lehuas, I was really close to buying one a few months back. Enjoy the new ukulele.

Enjoy the new ukulele. I was watching that instrument on EBay too.

That's a nice looking uke !
The case from Craigslist won't fit yours, it is a soprano size.
Hope you have as much fun here as I've been havung.

When you are getting a bag for it, make sure you buy a humidifier too (it depends where you live). There are too many horror stories of ukes cracking. But that also depends if you live in a place where the climate changes a lot, like Maine! We have really dry winters.

Captain_Lovehandles

You are correct about the fun. Looking forward to hearing you progress.

Thanks!

KamakOzzie

That's a nice looking uke !
The case from Craigslist won't fit yours, it is a soprano size.
Hope you have as much fun here as I've been havung.

Thanks, I was aware it was a soprano, I was just interested in the brand.

rpeters

When you are getting a bag for it, make sure you buy a humidifier too (it depends where you live). There are too many horror stories of ukes cracking. But that also depends if you live in a place where the climate changes a lot, like Maine! We have really dry winters.

I'm going to try to make one, either out of a pez or a pill bottle. :D
Save a few bucks and it should work really well. I live in the valley, WET winters, DRY, HOT summers.

I made my dad a pill bottle humidifier and it worked great for his guitar!!!

Last edited:
I have a Lehua Traditional Tenor!
They are great instruments... sound very guitar like compared to sopranos.
Enjoy!

Thanks Scottoman, that's very encouraging. I look forward to checking it out when mine finally comes.

My uke arrived today in the mail. It is even better than I imagined and even came with an installed piezo pickup which was not listed in the auction. Everyone who praised the quality of Lehua was correct, what a beautiful little instrument.
I had already bought this clip on tuner:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150326809198&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
It worked great and as soon as I got it, I tuned it up. The first song I played (I use that term loosely) was Agnus Dei, one of my favorite worship songs.
As a case was not included, I searched and found the best deal I have ever seen for a tweed case here:
http://www.instrumentalley.com/Armor-Cases-CC-150-Tweed-Ukulele-Tenor-Hard-Case-p/a-tt-150.htm
I feel very blessed to have such a beautiful instrument and to have found such great deals.

It feels great to not have to be shopping, but to just be able to be thankful and enjoy this uke.
As stated before, I'm going to be just using the pill bottle humidifier approach...It seems to work well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWhXRDBMYBk

Thanks to everyone who answered questions, offered advise, and helped along the way. I'm sure I'll see you in the forum pickin' and strummin'.

;)

How did the case work out? I also have a Lehua tenor and need a case.

Cool uke :) Enjoy playing, I am fully addicted after just getting my a few weeks back :)

Top Bottom