Carbon fibre uke, is it worth it?

kissing

Reaction score
Well, "worth it" is very hard to define.

I own a Rainsong Carbon Fiber guitar. I got it at a great price, and love it because I just think carbon fiber has a "second type of cool" appeal. For more on 2nd type of cool, check out this post:

http://ukuleleutility.blogspot.com/2009/12/two-kinds-of-cool.html

(From my blog that I made over winter break and have not had time to update ever since).

No, carbon fiber probably does not add that much extra utility over the Fluke design, but it adds that much extra coolness. And if you can justify spending that kind of money, then yup, the carbon fiber uke is worth it. Otherwise, the Fluke is a great uke too.

I've recently started collecting knives too (Hawaii is less onorous with their knife laws than say Cali or NY, but not as wonderful as Oregon). And often one choice I'm faced with is buying this "second type of cool." Often knifemakers have several versions of the exact same blade. They'll either finish it in a different color and make it limited edition, or change up the handle/blade materials, for example adding carbon fiber scales. Of course, carbon fiber handle scales (as opposed to zytel) really do nothing to improve the practicality of the knife, but I just dig carbon fiber, so I will pay a little extra to get that bling factor. It's worth it to me.

lol

if it sounds good, is easy to play, is in your budget, and is something you really want then go for it. just keep in mind you might just like it now and hate it later lol-happened to my friend a couple of times. however im sure you know what you want so it shouldn't be a problem =]

Well, "worth it" is very hard to define.

I own a Rainsong Carbon Fiber guitar. I got it at a great price, and love it because I just think carbon fiber has a "second type of cool" appeal. For more on 2nd type of cool, check out this post:

I've recently started collecting knives too (Hawaii is less onorous with their knife laws than say Cali or NY, but not as wonderful as Oregon). And often one choice I'm faced with is buying this "second type of cool." Often knifemakers have several versions of the exact same blade. They'll either finish it in a different color and make it limited edition, or change up the handle/blade materials, for example adding carbon fiber scales. Of course, carbon fiber handle scales (as opposed to zytel) really do nothing to improve the practicality of the knife, but I just dig carbon fiber, so I will pay a little extra to get that bling factor. It's worth it to me.

Sounds like you are a fan of nutnfancy. I love his vids too 

Carbon fiber does carry sound waves better, plus I'm addicted to carbon fiber parts on my car too! I have 2 Modulus bass guitars with carbon fiber necks that sound just wonderful over anything else I've ever played, dunno how that would translate over to ukulele though? That price tag isn't too bad though for a custom looking ukulele as my Modulus was close to $3k

I want a carbon fiber top concert FLEA. Where can I get a small enough piece of carbon fiber to send to the Magic Fluke Company? Does carbon fiber require bracing?

Top Bottom