I played my first gig!...

rock_and_roll_camera

Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to share it with everyone. I've never played anything infront of more than like two people, not even guitar! My nephew was Christened yesterday (Valentines, a nice day I think!?) and I was asked to play uke. I was a little nervous but it was fantastic! Bought a new uke for the occassion, a Kala KA-CE (though I just ended up playing it acoustic) and it sounded great! The church was huge but the sound carried so well (a little too well, didn't realise everybody in the church could hear me practice in the foyer!). There was only about 30 people there but I was a bit nervous. It went really well, I played This Little Light of Mine and although the timing went a bit out in the middle because everybody got jumbled with the words I was quite pleased!

Got alot of compliments and I think I even managed to sell two ukuleles... My brother-in-law wants to take it up, which is odd as he lives with us and has never shown any interest... and my other brother-in-law's dad is now gonna buy one! I should have shares in a uke company! So there's two new ukers to welcome to our corner!...

Anyway, just wanted to share my first time with you... May start doing open mic now...

That's awesome! Congrats!

JJ

Sweet dude! Glad to hear it went well. Someday I hope I'll be able to play in front of people too...without throwing up or passing out. jk. Let us know how the open mics go if you start doing them.

Congrats! What a great type of audience for your first gig.

congratulations! i love it when a hobby can pay for itself and then some!

Top Bottom