Ohana sopranino p***

euchre

Reaction score
Thanks to the Great East Coast Blizzard of 2010 it's been in shipping purgatory since 2/5. I was finally able to track down the Brown driver and pick it up this morning. It came from Mike at Uke Republic--great service, great guy.

Anyway I also got the cool new hard case in addition to the Ohana padded gig bag it comes with. The strings are still settling in so I've not done any serious playing yet. Build quality is excellent and it seems like a lot of bang for the buck.

Pix:

Attachments

• DSC02410.jpg
    DSC02410.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC02408.jpg
    DSC02408.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC02411.jpg
    DSC02411.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC02415.jpg
    DSC02415.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC02412.jpg
    DSC02412.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 74
That is a long wait. Nice looking uke though. What kind of strings?

Very nice! Yeah, Mike is the man! I might need to look into getting myself a hardcase for my sopranino now...

Very nice! I wish folks who photograph these sopraninos would put something familiar in the picture to judge scale by....a quarter? Or a can of Coke? Something everyone would understand the size of. As pretty as your uke is, I'm not sure I can really appreciate how small it is....

This may be bad to say...but I think the case is almost better looking than the uke (which is a fine looking little instrument, don't get me wrong!)

Attachments

• DSC02431.jpg
    DSC02431.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC02440.jpg
    DSC02440.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC02435.jpg
    DSC02435.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC02433.jpg
    DSC02433.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 50
Pretty sure it comes from the factory with Aquilas. I have some Worth browns and clears waiting in the wings but I tend not to change strings very often.

I didn't keep the Aquilas on mine for very long. They kind of amplified the wrong tonal range of the sopranino and were actually kind of harshly bright for my ears. Plus the sucker's super loud to begin with so it didn't really need the extra push of Aquilas. I've currently got Fremonts on mine which is working out pretty well for me. Kind of widens the tone and tames the bright a bit. I still haven't tried Worth Browns on anything yet. I'd be interested in hearing how they work on the sopranino.

We are very pleased with the new sopranino case. We actually had it on display at NAMM last month.

Aquila strings work very well on the sopranino, but they are better tuned to D tuning (or even Eb or E). this really brings the instrument to life.

Because the instrument is so small, always give the SK-21 plenty of "settling in" time.

Congrats! I really love these ukes. I nearly purchased one just before Christmas. I think I may have to once again reconsider

We are very pleased with the new sopranino case. We actually had it on display at NAMM last month.

Can we get the hard case over here in the UK yet?

My poor Baby didn't come with a gig bag and is currently residing inside a pillow case, which in turn is inside a bag I made from a beach towel. :uhoh: :p

Oh, why did I have to see that there exists a hard case made for my sopranino?

My wife is not going to be amused.

How much is it, and where can I get one?

UkeRepublic has them. I believe MGM has one up for sale now as well :)

The Sopranino topping my "realistic" wants these days. I think to avoid the fiance from giving me the "another uke" line, 1 of my present babies going to have to go. Gah! Maybe I can pass it off as a "gift" for her since its so cute.

Glad too see the hard shell case now for these sweet ukes. I sold mine several months ago, just didn't play it much and used the money for another soprano. Here is a picture I still had on file of my hand on the sopranino fretboard...

Looks nice, reminds me of the Martin one someone is speaking about in the forums here. How many clam's did that one set you back?

Top Bottom