Holy Crap, next month's contest....

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Holy crap guys, next month's contest prize is so ridiculously awesome, I just wanted to come into the forum and give everybody a heads up to start practicing a song, any song to enter. If you've been practicing one you think is really good, save it for the contest. You simply do NOT want to miss the chance to win this.

The prize is so awesome, most of the UU staff wants to enter, but we're all ineligible.

That is super lame. But I don't enter contests anyways, lol

I think the company sponsoring the contest is fine with mods entering. You guys do so much work for the online uke community wouldn't make sense for you guys to not have a shot.

Geez, another contest based on skill. That leaves me out again. How about a contest just based on someone's good looks?
As far as prizes go, I already got a box full of POGs.

It's NOT going to be judged on skill. That is an important criteria for this contest sponsor. It will be judged on the performance that best exemplifies love and passion for the ukulele. Beginners have just as good a shot at winning as someone whos considered really good.

Last edited:
Wow, that's great that it's not going to be judged on skill. How about lack of skill? Then I would have to be one of the favorites! :)

It sounds like it'd be hard to judge passion, but sign me up anyway :D

That is super lame. But I don't enter contests anyways, lol
You never know. Think of it like the lottery... odds are you won't win, but someone's going to win. I won my uke in a drawing. :)

I think the company sponsoring the contest is fine with mods entering. You guys do so much work for the online uke community wouldn't make sense for you guys to not have a shot.
While I can appreciate that sentiment, if a mod were to win, I'm sure it would look suspect to some of the membership.

Way to make march come faster Ryan... This snow is gonna seem like its going to be here fooooor evvvv errrr

This would be the only thing better than Pokemon cards.

How about Aaron HOLDING Pokemon cards...be still my heart ;)

You never know. Think of it like the lottery... odds are you won't win, but someone's going to win. I won my uke in a drawing. :)

While I can appreciate that sentiment, if a mod were to win, I'm sure it would look suspect to some of the membership.

The people who would suspect us of cheating at anything really don't understand what we're about. We've been up for over 2 years, don't you think by now we would have done something shady if we had wanted to?

That's a coincidence, cause I was just practicing "I'm Yours" tonight!

Don't y'all have an Undies Awards ceremony to host soon?? ;)

The people who would suspect us of cheating at anything really don't understand what we're about. We've been up for over 2 years, don't you think by now we would have done something shady if we had wanted to?
That's not what I meant at all. Even if the contest were judged by the sponsor instead of UU, who's to say they're not trying to cull some favors? I'm just saying it could look suspect to some.

The fairest way to judge a contest might be to have it by member vote. Maybe have the sponsor select the finalists. Then again, if it is the sponsor's contest, they should be able to choose whoever they want for the winner. :)

That's not what I meant at all. Even if the contest were judged by the sponsor instead of UU, who's to say they're not trying to cull some favors? I'm just saying it could look suspect to some.

The fairest way to judge a contest might be to have it by member vote. Maybe have the sponsor select the finalists. Then again, if it is the sponsor's contest, they should be able to choose whoever they want for the winner. :)
Um, as a mod, I have no idea what kind of favors i could offer anyone other than deleting threads and sending nasty PMs.... but I already do that...

You say the prize is a Jake signature series Kamaka? No WAY! That is so cool! I am so down with that! *

*I have no knowledge of the prize - just trying to start rampant, irresponsible rumors.

Top Bottom