Kalos by Cecilio Ukuleles

I've seen those on Ebay for a while...same price for soprano, concert or tenor? I haven't heard one yet or checked the quality, but they could be trying to just get a foot in the market "door" like Makai did about 6 months ago, then the prices will go up. Looks like a good basic uke of Mahogany and Spruce, not too flashy...let us know if it is a decent value.
:anyone:

I'm really considering getting the Tenor model;I already started out with a Willem Soprano,then moved up recently to an Ibanez UKC-10 Concert(Nice Uke 4 tha $!)and now I wanna step up/add to my Uke collection.....But,I'm not rich!LOL

Verify first if solid or laminate, descriptions can be deceiving especially at this price range.

I really am thinking of these ANYONE got more info on them?? it's my first purchase and My budget is limited I want the best i can get for my money

Mahalo

I really am thinking of these ANYONE got more info on them?? it's my first purchase and My budget is limited I want the best i can get for my money
Then why risk it on an unknown and apparently underpriced uke with no track record from a company with an iffy rep, when there are so many solid choices from known makers? I don't understand the thinking ...

Then why risk it on an unknown and apparently underpriced uke with no track record from a company with an iffy rep, when there are so many solid choices from known makers? I don't understand the thinking ...
Indeed; for the same price as the Kalos tenor linked above or only a little more, you can get a Makala tenor. It will not be a great instrument. But it'll be playable and decently well made, and if you buy from a good seller, it'll be set up well. You can find lots of reviews if you look. As for the Kalos -- big unknown, no reviews, and Cecilio's reputation is not good. I wouldn't waste a moment considering it.

The Makala referenced above is a great uke for the price, and only about $20 more than the unknown Kalos for a tenor. I have a Makala tenor and my grandkids each have Makala Dolphin sopranos and they are great instruments for the price, especially if you get them from MusicGuyMike, or another dealer who sets them up properly. You can't really put a price on having it set up properly. I emailed the Kalos dealer and they are all laminate, and I think for my money I'd spend a few more bucks and get something with a track record.

Curious...

Just wondering... has anyone actually bought one of these and/or played one? I.E. "first hand" experience, and not just hearsay and conjecture.

They are on Ebay all the time, and look like good value for a first ukulele. For the price, I wouldn't expect a lot, but I wonder if they are playable and decently put together?

i highly advise against purchasing kalos ukuleles. they sound like toys and are cheaply made. the action is way too high, come with horrible strings. i could go on. its not playable :( and its really only good for its looks. i advise investing in a makala if you are concerned about a budget. they run for about 30-50 bucks at your local sam ash or music store.

Randy, you already have two ukes and by your own admission are somewhat satisfied with the Ibanez. So it is not like you have nothing to play and enjoy. Why not save up more money and buy a uke with at least a solid top ?

You are getting some good advice here Randy!

Top Bottom