Looking to hire a talented ukulele player to do video tutorials

liquidtrends

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the ukulele, and I enjoy trying to learn new songs. This board has been great help as well.

I am currently looking for someone to do some video tutorials on basic ukulele chords etc. These will be sold online as a package, to help others who are interested in learning the instrument. If you have experience with this and are interested, please feel free to contact me ryan -at- liquidtrends .com

Why would anyone buy something that can be found free.

If you sell it, they will buy. I have experience in building and selling products similar to the one I wish to develop.

People still buy recipes online!

I am looking to sell them, so I cannot use anything from youtube.

True but I think he's what getting at is that, why buy them when you can get them for free on youtube? Not to ruin your business plan or anything.

Oh that's what every has said already.

I've never met anyone in my life who buys recipes online. I'm curious though, what kind of customers buy recipes online? You have an interesting concept. Its true, if you put a price on something you are therefor saying that it has value. An uneducated person, in this case, beginner ukulele player will actually think that the thing that costs money has more value than something you can get for free. Many times this isn't true, but it still sells.

Is that what you mean liquid?

If you sell it, they will buy. I have experience in building and selling products similar to the one I wish to develop.

People still buy recipes online!

I guess you're right. People still "buy" p*** even when there's so much free p*** out there. Just saying....

The other obvious question, why work for you so that you pay the player less than you sell them to others? What are you bringing to the table?

If Deach does it, I'll buy it...maybe.

Exactly....

In google, there are over 3,350,000 searches for the phrase "Guitar Lessons" on any given month. So, if we estimate that a fraction are willing to pay for a lesson, there is opportunity. Mind you, this is for the search term "guitar" and yes, there are alot of other sites offering the same thing. But, when you utilize search engine optimization, as well as using affiliates who make a living out of selling products such as the one I wish to do, there is room to make a few bucks.

One of my successful businesses sells website templates and does quite well. Even though there are thousands of sites that offer free templates, people are willing to pay for a product or service that is considered "premium".

For the record, I use youtube, but only because Im cheap and have alot of time to search around. ;)

The other obvious question, why work for you so that you pay the player less than you sell them to others? What are you bringing to the table?

Same reason I don't open up a restaurant. I can cook, but I have no experience in running a restaurant business.

If you have experience in selling products online, and can play the ukulele well, by all means you should start a business selling video tutorials!

The niche I see you filling is for people like myself who don't have the time, patience or Internet speed to download YouTube videos. Cheap or resourceful people will search out things for free while lazy ones will want the information at their fingertips and not have to hunt for them. I still buy reference books if only for the convenience factor.
Having thought this over a bit, you may have a saleable product. I see plenty of "how to" DVDs at my local music store. As you mentioned, with Internet sales if you capture only a fraction of one percent of interested people, you've got a winner.

Last edited:
I agree with Liquid, there are many people that have plenty of skill but just can't seem to sell it. Selling products online is not merely listing it on ebay. Look at MGM. The reason he is one of the most successful ukulele vendors is because he prides himself on customer service. People trust him. Its not just the product he sells but how he sells it. Not people know how to do that, and that's what makes online e-commerce a success.

I agree with Liquid, there are many people that have plenty of skill but just can't seem to sell it. Selling products online is not merely listing it on ebay. Look at MGM. The reason he is one of the most successful ukulele vendors is because he prides himself on customer service. People trust him. Its not just the product he sells but how he sells it. Not people know how to do that, and that's what makes online e-commerce a success.

Thanks rpeters. If I had the skill to teach, I would be doing this myself. I just recently started playing the ukulele.

FWIW, I just bought my sweet UU Ukulele Solos DVD from the UU store....so somebody must be buying dvd's. (Also have Ralph Shaw disc, and one from Bob Bozeman) I love me some free stuff though!

Thanks rpeters. If I had the skill to teach, I would be doing this myself. I just recently started playing the ukulele.

I realized, upon reflection, that my post was a bit harsh. To be honest, and I am not sure why, your original post rubbed me the wrong way. All that said, who I am to discourage someone from making a buck so long as it is being done honestly?

In any case, I wish you luck in putting together a product that will help others.

FWIW, I just bought my sweet UU Ukulele Solos DVD from the UU store....so somebody must be buying dvd's. (Also have Ralph Shaw disc, and one from Bob Bozeman) I love me some free stuff though!

I have those DVD's too, Rogue Wave and many more DVD's, CD's books and novelties related to the mighty uke. There's definately a market for liquidtrends' idea. Ric

Top Bottom